“A Great Experience!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon, United States
“A Great Experience!”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Located on I-84 and a stones throw away from Washington, The Hood River Inn has become my favorite place to stay. I visit Hood River, once a week, every week, for 2-3 nights. My experiences with the staff have been outstanding. The hotels rooms are great and I have stayed in just about all the rooms they have. I would highly recommend any of the suites or the luxury suites.
Everyone is dialed in and committed to each and every person that comes through their doors. Since day one, 3 months ago, I have been able to meet and get to know just about all the staff members. The Hood River Inn is in a convenient location, close to Downtown Hood River and close to the hospital where I work. This makes it easy for me to come back to the hotel to eat at the Restaurant, where the meals are great tasting, and the desserts are delicious.
Other than the great views in Hood River, I am happy that they have a pool, hottubs, gym and sauna. Its hard to stay in shape on the road. The Best Western Hood River Inn provides all that and more.
For those traveling on the I-84 corridor, I would definitely consider a stop here. You will be treated like royalty!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff, our restaurant and lounge and the amenities we offer; they all make the Hood River Inn special. Thank you so much, your review was great and I know that we will have the pleasure of seeing you at the hotel again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
Benicia, Ca
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Our spacious room was a 1st floor river view room with 2 queen beds in the West Building. There was a bathroom with a sink and a 2nd vanity/sink outside the bathroom. The fridge was decent size. There was also a microwave. The bed was comfortable with soft sheets. There was a desk and also a table with 2 chairs. The Wi-Fi was very good. One interesting thing in our room that I've never seen before was an easy to clean TV remote control.

Our room had a sliding glass door facing the river. Upstairs rooms in this building have decks. There is a very nice new pool & fitness center which we did not have a chance to use. Breakfast is served in the restaurant & was very good. There is a special menu for the complimentary breakfast that is different than the restaurant's regular menu. We had the oatmeal & the scramble breakfast. There might have been a wait for an outside table but we sat inside & did not have to wait.

It's about a one mile walk to "downtown". Most of the walking path into town is right along the river.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As such a seasoned traveler and avid user of TripAdvisor, we value your feedback greatly and cannot wait to welcome you back!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed 2 nights in late September in a 2 queen river view room on the upper (third) floor in the western wing. One of the first hotels we stayed at on our trip and we ended up in Anaheim so my memory of the finer details probably not as strong as some but felt the need to recommend this hotel. Would have given it 4 1/2 stars if you can give half stars. What I thought was most impressive about the property was the pool and gym area. This was obviously very new (a map on the website had it in a different location) and located at the far east of the property overlooking the water. Great heated pool and hot tub with a small gym with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the pool / river together with another indoor hot tub. We only ate breakfast at the restaurant but the food was very good. There was traffic noise as others have commented on but certainly bearable - we actually had the balcony door open at night as the room was quite warm and we're not fans of air-conditioning. Hood River itself had some charm but was set away from the river and a little different than we expected. It's a decent drive but recommend driving over to Mt. Hood and going up to Timberline Lodge - beautiful views and you can wander around with historical photos and artefacts etc.If you do, make sure you head over and get a photo of Trillum Lake with Mt. Hood in the background - equal to any other phote from our trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Thank you so very much for your kind review. It makes me happy that our hotel and staff were able to provide you with great memories of your trip.
ROSEBURG, OREGON
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The Hood River Inn is our favorite place to stay when traveling the I-84 corridor between Oregon and Washington. The views are spectacular morning, noon, and night. It's so pleasant and the staff is super friendly. I love the piano bar and restaurant. Our last stay, I tried the Sirloin Steak--it was very tasty and much more than I would expect from a hotel restaurant. In the past I have tried their own Mac and Cheese. It was to die for---seriously!!!! The dining area has all the same wonderful views of the Columbia River as your own private room. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The only problem we have ever had is the handicap parking spaces are a long way from either entry way.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room--some face the parking lot. Rooms at far west end are near a large bridge spann...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
It is wonderful that you return again and again and we look forward to when you return for your next stay. Please let me know so that I may personally oversee your stay.
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I hate to say it but I never liked Best Westerns! I hesitated to book here because I always felt they were sub par and I prefer B and B's. Well, I am now a fan of the Best Western Plus chain. This hotel is located right on the Columbia River which is why I choose it. I will admit it is located right off the highway exit and there is a Starbucks and McDonald’s in the same parking lot, but our room faced the water and we never heard or felt any tourist or parking related noise. Once we entered our room the focus was always on the water. We chose the west side of the facility, second floor facing the water. This was based on other trip advisor recommendations and it was the right thing to do. They are renovating the east wing and when we walked through that side it did seem more dated and dark. Make sure you ask for the west bldg. We also upgraded to a junior suite and it was fantastic. Very roomy. A separate living/ dining area with a fireplace. The bedroom was huge and the bed was very comfy. It had a set of slatted double doors which was great for privacy. Both rooms had a flat screen TV and sliding doors with another large window above it for a fantastic view of the river. Each room had access to the private balcony. One warning, if you sleep with the window open you will hear traffic on the bridge that crosses the river. The hotel provides earplugs complimentary.We did not need them as I found it interesting to hear and watch the traffic. And it did die down considerably at night. Our room included a kitchen area with a microwave and refrigerator and a large dining table. We hated to leave the room. However we did, every day, to enjoy their on site restaurant and complimentary breakfast which was very good and very filling. The waitress remembered us each morning and seemed genuinely interested in our travels. We liked the food so much we went to dinner one night and had such a great meal we took leftovers back to the room and had them for dinner the next night. You also get a coupon for 1/2 off the second entree. They have a great bar and everyone you encounter is very proud of their hotel, and the Hood River area. We stayed 3 days and could easily enjoy another week.

Room Tip: Coose the west side bldg and get the upgrade to a junior suite and the river view, it makes for a gr...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for this FANTASTIC review! We certainly appreciate all guest feedback but to receive such a great review from a seasoned traveler like yourself is especially appreciated, I think you've said it all.

We wish you a Happy and Healthy 2012!
Gadsden
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend while he was on a business trip. Hood River downtown was a short cab ride away. The restaurant was nice and we enjoyed taking walks around the hotel. The proximity of the gas stations was great for snacks and whatnot as well. A dip in the hot tub was enjoyable even in the January winter. Hotel service was very friendly and highly efficient. We would recommend to travelers who are doing business in either Hood River and Bingen.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Inkpen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Excellent room overlooking the Columbia river.The meals in the restaurant were excellent and good value even with the exchange rate against the pound.The staff were efficent and helpful.
The bar area tended to be noisy but did not affect the accommodation.
It is used by business people so expect a little posturing from them establishing pecking order but,observe, smile and enjoy your holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 8 in Hood River
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!