Best Western Plus Hood River Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hood River Hotel(Hood River)
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites(Hood River)
  • Restaurant
Motel 6 The Dalles(The Dalles)
2,809 results
All reviewsriver viewriverside restauranteast wingwalking pathfree breakfastview roomheated poolthird floorthe columbia gorgebest westernsparking lotgreat place to stayfitness centerwine tastingoatmealroad triplounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2013

the rooms at this hotel are very roomy and very clean. We stayed on the second floor with a view of the water. It was beautiful! The music was very entertaining and the food was very good in the bar. The restuarant had excellent food both for dinner and breakfast. They also gave a free coupon for breakfast and buy one get one at half off in the restuarant. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: the lower floor is pet friendly. but since I do not have pets the second floor is great
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Farmerdar, It is always great to read an Excellent review, thank you very much for taking the time to write it. We take great pride in the product and service we provide in our restaurant and lounge so your kind comments are very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Chuck Hinman - General Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the lovely room and spacious suite. The beds were very comfortable. The view of the river was lovely, too. The room included a breakfast at the on-site restaurant and discount for dinner. We enjoyed the happy hour at the on-site bar. The hotel was close to many local attractions, too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear Joan H, Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like the suite worked out perfectly for you and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our on site restaurant, Riverside and happy hour in Cebu Lounge. We look forward to your next visit to the Hood River Inn.

Chuck Hinman - General Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2013

at the Best Western Plus in Hood River. I took the advice of other reviewers who recommended staying on the executive level with the beautiful river view. The room was large, had modern furnishings, large flat screen, comfortable bed with warm comforter, large bathroom with stone shower, and patio. There are no kids allowed on this floor which was also a plus for us. The room was very quiet; didn't hear any inside or outside noise. Breakfast was included with the room and as others have mentioned, it really is a nice full breakfast. My only complaint is that the coffee is awful. We also had happy hour and dinner at the Riverside restaurant in the hotel which was delicious. Large menu, lots of choices, and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the executive level with the river view. Definitely worth the extra $.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Beth_M_Oregon, Thank you for the five star review and for sharing your recent experience with our Trip Advisor friends. We strive to provide an array of accommodations that can satisfy different guest's needs and it sounds as if the recent addition of our Executive Level suited your needs perfectly. It's sure great when that can happen! Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you back. Summers are pretty special here in The Columbia River Gorge and the good weather will be here real soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and I travel extensively. we walked in and the bar was packed and the music was great and we felt we had been transported back to the 70's. Imagine our delight to dine in the hotel restaurant and to be served a piping hot dinner and Chris our waiter was very professional ,and the food was great. The next morning we had breakfast.The eggs were perfect and Randa our waitress was great. Lisa the restaurant manager made sure our visit to the restaurant was most enjoyable.The room was very clean and we will be staying there again.The hotel is located on the Columbia river and offers a great view of the river.Free dinner with half off the second dinner,free full breakfast served in the Riverside restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

DearSkyPilotBigBearLake, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you found our hotel and restaurant to be a perfect fit for you and your wife. It's also great to hear that you found our staff so accommodating and the food so delicious. I will be honored to pass on your kind words to Randa, Chris, Lisa and our chef, they will all be very appreciative of your kind comments. We hope to welcome you back on your future visit to Hood River!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

While being right on the river was fantastic, there were a few little amenities I would have expected for such a classy atmosphere and beautiful destination as this. Call me crazy, but a nice hot cup of coffee/tea or a nice cool glass of water (w/lemon?) would've been nice to have available in the lobby. And although they did state on the website that "special requests" would not necessarily be available, I believe special customer service is crucial to returning guests and word-of-mouth advertising (we all know that's the best kind, right?). I had mentioned our stay was a special anniversary surprise for my spouse and maybe a little something extra could be presented. Well....nothing. The food in the hotel's restaurant was good, but I thought for the price of the room, maybe a bit more of a discount on the dinner would have been in order. As far as cleanliness and user-friendly facilities, the hotel was great. The exercise equipment, sauna etc., and the pool ares were wonderful. The gals at the front desk were nice, but in a hurry-up there's-people-waiting sort of way. I would probably stay there again, if I could get a discounted room price. The view was fabulous - as the gorge always is!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Bina4HIM, Thank you for the review of your recent visit to our hotel and for your kind words about our property's amenities and the friendliness of our staff. We appreciate the opportunity to use your review as a training tool to improve our performance. You're right, it would have been nice and we certainly should have provided you a little something extra to make your anniversary celebration even more special. That should have happened and I apologize that it didn't. I do hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again so that we might make it up to you. Please call me personally so that I might make your reservations, we'll do everything possible to make your next visit an especially enjoyable one.

Chuck Hinman - General Manager