“It's a secret I want to keep!”
Review of Sushi Okalani

Sushi Okalani
Ranked #27 of 141 Restaurants in Hood River
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Sushi Okalani brings a vibrant, eclectic taste and atmosphere to Hood River. We have a variety of Japanese, Hawaiian, Thai and Sushi items. Very family friendly, we have a children's menu, Happy Hour 5 days a week, and two private Tatami rooms!
Portland, Oregon
“It's a secret I want to keep!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the best Sushi in Oregon. Hands down. I love the fish it's fresh and tasty. The atmosphere is alive and so popular, you might have to wait. It's worth it! I see more kids in this place - but maybe that is just the area culture. Kids eat heathy in the hood. I would keep it a secret only because I would be sad if they ran out of the good stuff some Friday night. We also get take out - and they are very good at having it ready for pick up. Enjoy everyone!

• Visited May 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Great Sushi ”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Very unassuming place. We must've caught this place right as it opened because we walked in and were seated and within no more that 3 to 5 minutes the place was packed out the door! Though it's not a particularly big place, this was a very astonishing realization; shared by everyone in our party. The chef was great very engaging and a cool guy. Highly recommend this place. Truly cannot say enough good things. Go go go. You'll thank me later!!!!

Belfair, Washington
“Mediocre at Best”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We came here after a lovely day of hiking in the area and were expecting good food. Not the case. The food was not up to my expectations, the service was slow, and the prices were on the high side for the quality and quantity of food they served. I will not eat here again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wild salmon sushi”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were looking for a lighter meal in Hood River and this was just perfect. The sushi rolls (Celilo and Bill Murray) were good but not great. The sushi was pretty good although I understand what some folks were saying in their reviews about inconsistent cuts of fish. The star was the wild salmon sushi! I love salmon sushi but compared to regular, the fresh and wild salmon is a knock-out.

• Visited September 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Surprisingly good sushi”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Being from Hawaii, I had to try this place out. The sushi was surprisingly good and very fresh. We had the spider roll, spicy tuna roll, tobikko and inari negiri. The yakisoba was okay. They had a variety of sake to choose from and the service was very good! Would definitely go back.

Visited August 2013