“excellent, clean room at a good rate”

Sunset Motel Hood River
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Hood River
Reviewed 24 June 2012

the check-in person was glum- not friendly at all.
the room was excellent- very clean, nice furniture, microwave and fridge, desk and chair, comfortable bed, satelite tv with 70 channels, large window that opened., very quiet. good lighting at the desk for reading.
room rate was similar to that of other motels in the area thatwere not as nice as this one.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank whomever
There are newer reviews for Sunset Motel Hood River

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I was charged a night that I wasn't there and they claimed was a double charge but billing was for two separate days? Check your credit card statement or pay in cash.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is a great place to stay if you dont need a lot of room. I would highly suggest to call the motel to get prices instead of reserving online, much cheaper if you call! Great place, nice people, good deal! Room was fully loaded with micro, fridge, coffee, iron, hair dryer. Would come back to this motel.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Tracy T
Reviewed 22 March 2012

my wife and i were pleasantly surprised by a quiet, clean room with nice linens at an outstanding price..that translated into a very good value. this is a traditional two story motel that has been recently renovated. it is quite unassuming in appearance and is not a place you would look at twice. However, we discovered it had a nice view overlooking the Columbia River, clean recently renovated room with nice linens, and was quiet. Rooms are small but not tiny. Room charges were very reasonable. Location is good, but cannot walk to downtown. Across the street is shopping center with a safeway and a fuel stop. This is a particularly appealing place during the off season when it's quiet by definition...and during the mid-week.

Room Tip: choose upstairs. end units are appealing as they only have "neighbors" on one side.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank go4th
Reviewed 18 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank alohajw
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We booked a room here based on the reviews from families that had stayed, We had our kids with us on a family week to the Oregon coast and were returning home after those days in washington and oregon. NEVER AGAIN! First, The room was advertised as a double for 64.00 I expected taxes what I got was an 80.00 deduction from my bank account. Oh well, what 16.00? Right? We then showed up where they did have our reservations ready. Knowing that we were showing up, they should have at least turned the heat on but our room was frigid. with 2 little ones road lagged this was miserable, we decided to turn the heat on and take the kids to dinner when we asked after a family place besides mcdonalds we were reffered to 3 rivers grill. ummm 7 days on the road with 2 kids and we end up having to walk out of a what appeared to be a very formal place. The manager only smiled one time the whole time, we were getting our room. Around 11 our family was treated with about an hours worth of our neighbors extra curricular activities and I was thankful for the loud roar of the heater to drown them out occasionally. Woke up for a shower only to find the toilet backing up we called to get assistance and instead were met with "thanks for letting us know" So I had to go another day with out a shower! And we had to go to the restrooom at mcdonalds! Due to much morning frustrations, no shower and not I was completely out of sorts when we left, that when I got to Kennewick I realized my phone was still at the hotel. So I called when I got home, to see if they could send it on. My phone is a small slide phone and would have cost no more then 3.00 to mail. Instead they made us mail them a flate rate envelope which they just mailed out on wednesday, Meanwhile. I have customers who think I am avoiding them and appointments being scheduled and I can do nothing about it! No customer service from this place...for 80.00 I could have stayed at a chain and next time I will. Beware of this place!

Room Tip: go somewhere else...p.s. no view either.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TatjannaM
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I was charged way more than I feel that this room is worth. The room was very cold when I walked in. It took quite some time to warm it up by way of the heating unit. Then I tried the wi-fi and never did get a working connection. I told the manager about it, and she said that she reset the router. But what she actually did was shut-off the wi-fi to my room, completely. I am fortunate that I am able to access a working wi-fi signal from McDonald's. The manager never smiled at me, once, from the time that I checked-in. I won't stay here, again...nope, I won't.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo