“Wish I was still here!”
Review of Steamboat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idleyld Park
Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Idleyld Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2012

What a find! Beautiful riverside cabins, 2 minute walk from the Inn. Clean, comfortable (includides the bed) and quiet with gas wood burner. Mine had shower (no bath), coffee maker. Stopped here the night after Crater Lake, wish I had spent two nights here instead. Balcony and chairs bordering onto the Umpqua river, The sounds of the river and the fall colours and scenery were amazing.
Just the job...especially after an excellent dinner at the inn...see seperate review.. and a traumatic accident the night before....one night is just not enough...
(I believe that there are a number of different accomodation options available here, inckuding rooms in the inn itself).

b

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Raj S
There are newer reviews for Steamboat Inn

Reviewed 20 October 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights in one of the cabins. These are up the road from the Steamboat Inn lodge about one-half mile, but still part of the resort. The cabin (#9) was in a beautiful wooded setting. Most of the time, it was so quiet I could hear the leaves rustle. But since the road runs right by the cabins, do expect to hear a lot of log trucks jake-braking down the hill! This might vary with the seasons. In all, a comfortable place to stay: beds are good, decor is appropriate, bathroom well appointed (watch the floor drains in the Japanese soaking tub, though - they are easy to kick shut by accident). Would have loved to have a gas grill on our deck, as at another resort where we stay. Kitchen is absolutely tiny - they really don't want you to cook, and it shows! We used our large cooler to store extra food that needed to be kept cold. A major plus: our cabin sparkled. One of the cleanest I've ever stayed in. With the exception of one staff member, everyone was warm and welcoming (the one just had a bit of 'tude, as if we should thank her for the privilege of staying at such a storied resort). Ate dinner at Steamboat Inn lodge one night and enjoyed our meal. For a place that serves a wide variety of guests, they did a nice job: caprese salad to start, the best quail I've ever had served with polenta, roasted cauliflower, and figs with lavender yogurt for dessert. (I make better roasted cauliflower and would have taken advantage of the local blackberries, but those are real quibbles.) Breakfast was very good - don't miss the housemade jam. For you fishermen, the river is as gorgeous and challenging as you've heard - but a beginner and a seasoned spey caster both had fun. My husband fished with local guide Rich Zellman and we both thought Rich was terrific. Looking forward to our return trip to the Umpqua and would stay at the Steamboat Inn again.

Room Tip: We might try the Camp Water Houses next time. They overlook the river and have full kitchens.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DrGenLong
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We hadn't planned on heading here, but the inclement coastal weather prior to our trip to Crater Lake made it a neccessity. The drive along the North Umpqua River to Steamboat was lovely, and with the Inn being just a few yards from the banks, is ideally placed to be a fishing lovers haven. A couple of paths lead down to the river, and it was beautiful to sit on the rocks watching the trout leap as the sun got lower in the sky. Dinner, precedeed by wine and canapes in the library, is a joint affair, with all guests sitting at one big table. This can be very hit and miss, depending who you sit with, and who dominates the conversation (we were not too lucky...), but the food was excellent, plentiful, and filling. Service (with Emily to the fore) was top drawer. Night time was peaceful, provided you like the rush of the river as the only sound, and the breakfast (at extra cost) not bad. We got very good advice and directions to the local waterfalls and fish-watch (both of which are just a few miles up the road...) prior to leaving and thoroughly enjoyed both on our drive over to Crater Lake..

Room Tip: They have three great cats; whatever room they sit by is the one to have!
1  Thank PeteChristopher
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in one of the River Suites--really exceptional privacy, view, stone fireplace, hot tub, large bath, huge deck. The family-style dinners were quite good and the menu breakfast was outstanding. The desk gave us hiking and waterfall brochures for the area and we had a great time exploring. Went out the east way, down past Crater Lake and Klamath Lake, and were in the SF Bay Area in 9 hours.

Room Tip: The Falls Suite
1  Thank cahimi
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stopped there for lunch on the way from Crater Lake to the coast. Great food friendly people. Neat cabins on a beautiful setting. The food was excellent and was served in a timely manner. Though we did not stay over night the cabins looked cute and well maintained. The grounds were also very nice.

1  Thank dmat44
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband and I have stopped by here once or twice for coffee and pie when enjoying this lovely highway on our motorcycles. It was a treat to bring our sister and brother in law on our annual motorcycle trip. We dropped in about 10:30, so one of us had an omelette, two others had their special thin pancakes with sour cream and rhubarb/strawberry sauce, and I had curried chicken couscous soup as I'm not much of a breakfast food fan. All were terrific! Tasty, well presented and not too expensive, especially relative to the gorgeous setting. Service was very good - prompt, helpful. I especially liked how when I couldn't decide between the soup or a bran muffin, he suggested I sub the bran muffin for the bread normally served with the soup... which would give me both! Nicely done, young man :) The hotel option looked really nice but is too expensive for us. I think brunch is a great value opportunity to enjoy this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MW-PDX
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed at one of the available houses at Steamboat Inn for one night while on a River Rafting Trip. The house was extremely clean and served our needs well. The decor is a little outdated, but comfortable. Beds were comfortable, plenty of hot water for our large party. My only complaint was that there was not an appealing outdoor space. This house is right on the river, so it would have been nice to have an outdoor dining area. There was only a small plastic table and a few plastic chairs. Big lot but no landscaping to speak of. The folks at the main lodge were very helpful and let us store our gear and coolers at the lodge while we went on our rafting trip. All in all, I would recommend. And do take a rafting trip down the Umpqua- AWESOME!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family