“Lemola Lake Resort- Aug 12, 2014”
Review of Lemolo Lake Resort

Lemolo Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Idleyld Park
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Good stop for our Crater Lake Trip. We had rain & hail that day so ground was wet so I didn't walk down to Lemolo Lake. The rest of the group went to lake & grandson said it was nice. Had cabin 3 - 2 qn beds upstairs & 1 qn in downstairs bedroom. Was large enough for 6 people plus a large dog. Downstairs bedroom didn't have any place to hang clothes - no closet or dresser. Could use some wall hooks for clothes.Bedroom had door so we could go to bed & not be bothered by rest of group playing card games. Kitchen had coffee maker, stove, microwave & fridge. Microwave was rusty on bottom but worked fine. Had large rustic dining table.Had porch with bench to sit on & a fire pit outside. Nice place for cabin in the outdoors. If you want a room like Marriott or Best Western, this isn't for you. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dragon428

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife & I were on a July 2013 roadtrip through the Pacific Northwest. While in this area, we booked a reservation at another place nearby that was unsuitable for our needs (Umpqua's Last Resort - it was NOT AT ALL like their website and looked more like a dilapidated trailer park). While driving along 138, we saw a sign to Lemolo Lake that indicated there were campsites so we ventured over to have a look. The lake looked beautiful and remote. There was a state run campground with a couple of open spots but we decided to venture further to see what else was available. We pulled into Lemolo Lake Resort and went into their General Store. Inside was the proprietor, Scott, who was "holding court" telling tall fishing stories. He was friendly enough and remotely charming (Diana is the beauty & brains behind the operation as well as Scott's son). I told Scott we were looking for a campsite with some privacy and ideally near the water. He directed us to an amazing spot beyond the boat launch ramp that looked perfect!

We paid the reasonable fee, set up camp and lit a fire for the evening. We never saw another human being until the next morning when we ventured back into the store. There were a great deal of mosquitoes for a couple of hours beginning at dusk that we would have liked to have been warned about, but we deet'd up until they subsided.

We stayed two nights & three days, hiked to the nearby falls and rode our bicycles around a bit as well.

We loved this place and may go there again if we come back to this area.

Room Tip: Although we enjoy a great room, we opted to camp in a tent, under the stars. The wildlife & hiki...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig94707
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have been to the resort multiple times over the years. Scott and Diana are always doing something around the resort to improve it. This time it's was the additions of jet skiis for rent!!

We were greeted by Chompers in the parking lot who now sports a big dog tag that reminds you not to feed him. (People were being too nice, feeding him to obesity). We went into the lodge and were then greeted by the family. We ordered lunch (infamous Lemolo burgers with bacon) and headed down to check out the new jet skiis. Nice watercraft that's for sure.

We returned to the lodge for our lunch. Great burgers as usual.

Beautiful, peaceful place on Lemolo Reservoir just off Hwy 138 in the high elevation firs and pines. I recommend you stop in to check it out any time of year.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldTrvlr13
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband took me up to Lemolo Lake for our 12 year anniversary in March 2014.

We stayed in the "Boathouse" which is the only cabin that is down at the lake shore and is all by itself.

When we showed up, someone had already lit the gas fire to warm it up for us! =) It was still very cold there with snow patches and ice on the ground.

The interior of the cabin is so "woodsy" and romantic! Log/knotty pine everywhere, including a queen log bed tucked cozily in the corner of the living area. The downstairs is set up like a studio with a kitchen, dining area, sitting area, bed in the corner, and a nice functional separate bathroom with shower. The upstairs has two/three more queen beds all in a common area, plus a door to the outside balcony.

Our hosts were so accommodating and friendly! Even though we were the only guests at the resort, they got up early in order to cook us a homemade breakfast!!

The night we stayed was sooooooo quiet and tranquil! Not a sound but the breeze in the trees and the beat of my heart. The lake was like glass and a full moon rose over the water like a spotlight. The snowcapped mountains reflected in the water looked close enough to reach out and touch.
In the morning, after breakfast, the sun rose breathtakingly over the mountains and warmed the wood of the dock just enough so that I could stretch out languidly in the silence and alternately doze/read a book. Occasionally, the stillness would be punctuated by the faraway cry of loon, duck, or osprey. And then the fish, starving from their recent ice-capped captivity, began to jump and roll! I was mesmerized by their joyful breakfast dance that sent sparkling ripples across the surface of the lake.

Truly a magical time for my love and me.

The only concerns I had were as follows:
The cabin is so snug and airtight that the gas fireplace does not have sufficient ventilation, requiring SEVERAL windows to be open in order to avoid asphyxiation. Which, kind of defeats the purpose of a gas fireplace as far as warming the cabin. However, the owners had foreseen this issue and provided multiple electrical heaters that we then placed throughout the downstairs in order to counteract the chilly air. Between the fireplace and the heaters, we were plenty warm and still got to enjoy the ambience of the fire, without the fumes =)

The curtains do not provide much privacy, which, for us, was not an issue, since we were there when the lake and resort were completely empty. In the summer months, however, privacy would be an issue seeing as the many boats and fishermen on the lake would make the occupants of the Boathouse feel as if they were surrounded/being watched on all sides. This would make romance rather difficult =) However, if you are there for family fun, or a weekend fishing trip with the guys, it might not be so bad!

Other than those 2 issues, it was absolutely fabulous and I would recommend it highly!
Thank you to our wonderful hosts!

Room Tip: For Romance, choose the Boathouse in winter/early spring! =)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Andria F
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We spent president's weekend at Lemolo Resort and had a wonderful stay. It was my husband's birthday and we went snowmobiling. Our room was clean and cozy. The homemade meals in the lodge were delicious. I love the way the lodge is decorated, antiques everywhere and the view is beautiful!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank woodyandvy
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently had a family trip at the end of September and ventured the 14 hr drive from our home in Southern California. The resort was easy to find using GPS. When we arrived we went straight to the lodge to check in, it was snowing outside and right off the bat I just felt like I was free (except the kids arguing over who was getting out first).... When checking in we were greeted by who we later found out were the owners. The lodge was very homey and I think that was their goal as they were very friendly.

We proceeded down to our Cabin (#11 The Boat House) which is right on the lake. When walking in you first see all the hand crafted wood on the stairs, bed and custom 8 person table. There is one queen bed downstairs and 3 more upstairs. The heater was already on for us and needless to say my concerns about being cold were laid to rest real quick because that lil furnace cranks! My wife and I have 4 kids so if you have a big family or a group of good friends this is the cabin for you.

I have also taken the liberty to post some pictures from when I first woke up and looked out the window and some general pictures.

On our first morning we went up to the lodge which is a short walk through the green forest and a well maintained trail. We had breakfast and again were not disappointed as it felt like we were all getting home cooked breakfast. After breakfast we were talking with the owners son and we talked him into taking us out and giving us a little tour on the lake. Words cant describe how beautiful it was so I will let the pictures speak for themselves... oh and we got to see an Eagle (2nd time in my life)!

Over the course of the next two days we hiked, fished and relaxed around the fire pit. We enjoyed breakfast and dinners at the cabin and all in all a great experience.I will definitely be spreading the word In addition I hear they have great Mt biking trails just up the road at North Umpqua.Until next time Lemolo.. until next time. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Lemolo Lake Resort is an off the beaten path, quiet but enchanting gem of a place, nestled against the west slope of the Oregon Cascade crest. The crystal clear water from the head waters of North Umpqua river flows into lake on its eastern edge, down from the shoulders of Mt. Theilsen, a prominent spire dominating the skyline and dramatically visible from the Resort. I have had the great pleasure of visiting this very special place during all seasons for quite a number of years now, and can heartily recommend others do the same. You won’t be disappointed. Recently I was gratefully to be able to share this experience with far flung members of my family at a reunion of sorts here. It more than met their expectations. The lodging is comprised mostly of 1960’s A frame structures. The accommodations may be Spartan; minimal but they are immaculately clean. The diminutive “Lodge” itself is charming. It houses a small restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, a small store for essential provisions as well as “curio” shop with items ranging from knick knacks to informative nature guide books and maps. Of course there is also a tackle “shop” for all your fishing needs. The walls and ceilings are a visual treat with antiques, artfully displayed salon style, in a range from porcelains, paintings and arrow heads. The breakfast/lunch and dinner menus may be short, but everything is delicious. If you are a hamburger lover, you can’t be the Lemolo Burger. It’s not only tasty because of the mountain air. Lemolo Lake Resort is a family run business. It shows. Their and their staffs own love of the Lake and this beautiful place in the woods is quite apparent in the daily way they do their very best in proving guests a very personalized experience. They go the extra mile in accommodating the requests and any help customers may need. Larger resorts may have more amenities, but you can’t beat the labors of love offered here. When you visit, I am sure you will agree. Due check their website: http://www.lemololakeresort.com/ for all they have to offer, such as boat rentals, fishing guide service, RV and camp ground spaces, etc. My family had a marvelous visit and you will too!

Room Tip: A frame cabin
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#2 of 2 in Chemult
River Vista Vacation Homes and Lodging

Been to Lemolo Lake Resort? Share your experiences!