All reviewsmy husband and inext morningminute driveglass of winethe main housebritt festivalin towna great staywonderful hoststinaporchaccommodationsashlandrespiteconcertcharm
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had a four day stay at Bybees. Our hosts, TinaMarie and Vickie went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one, beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, gourmet breakfasts, lovely gardens to sit and read or nap, what more could you want. We would hightly recommend this B & B to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We have just completed another very pleasurable 3 day stay at Bybee’s Historic Inn with our welcoming, charming and efficient hostesses Tina Marie and Vikki Lynn. We have stayed here at least six times and on this trip we enjoyed a concert at the Britt Festival and a play in nearby Ashland (Oregon Shakespeare Festival). This well-kept historic inn is a very comfortable and restful place - “You’ll want to spend all your time here and forget what you really came to visit on your trip.” As always on previous visits, each breakfast has Tina’s special delicious surprises - a great way to welcome the day. And don’t forget to enjoy her tasty cookies. It’s our home away from home when traveling to Oregon. We’ll be coming back soon.

Barry and Kaye

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Bybee's in the Elizabethan room for 4 days and it was heavenly. From the moment of arrival till when we left Tina and Vikki catered to us as if we were the only guest. Our room was cozy and quiet with a comfortable bed and the best linens. There was also large tub which i put to good use. The grounds were lovely and the girls did it all themselves! Every room was well appointed, decorated in the time period of the house, there are many places to sit and relax to enjoy the ambiance Vikki and Tina work so hard to create and let's not for get the breakfast and little snacks left for us to enjoy through out the day!
Overall our experience was divine and we look forward to our next visit. In fact I would like to go often enough to try every room. We highly recommend Bybee's for a wonderful getaway or special occasion.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We were married here 2 years ago and we had to come back to celebrate our anniversary with our favorite innkeepers, Tina and Vikki. They are so welcoming and gracious. They pay special attention to detail from the beautiful gardens and koi pond to the real candles surrounding the jetted tub and mints beside our bed! We were treated to a delicious breakfast outside on the covered deck overlooking the lush green yard. Definitely an elegant beautiful and comfortable setting, we will be back to celebrate more anniversaries for many years to come. You will not be disappointed staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Finding consistently good lodging as a road warrior is challenging. When traveling to Southern Oregon, I don't need to worry where I will stay or if it will be comfortable and conducive to productivity. I have a home in Jacksonville at Bybee's. I do not make this comment lightly. After having known Tina and Vicki since last year, their hospitality and sincere caring has made traveling for work a lot easier.

The old house is immaculate in every way. Beds are sumptuous and perfectly comfortable. The climate is wonderful, and the water - from a 700 ft artesian well - is so good, I make sure to fill up a couple of bottles before leaving. It's difficult to describe just how good this water really is.

The food is spectacular. It is quite simply the best breakfast I have ever had, hands down. Tina is a world-class chef with loving hands, and believe me the love makes the difference! During the warmer months, breakfast is out on the porch and the sweeping views of the rolling hills are breathtaking.

There are other choices for lodging, but I think Tina and Vicki have a formula for success with the 6 rooms at Bybee's. There are accessible ground-level accommodations and there are upstairs rooms with charm and relevance. Because of its age, learning the history of the house is like stepping back in time and seeing the community as it was 150 years ago.

As a traveling businessman, the Inn provides all of the necessary modern conveniences of a home office. Strong wireless Internet, available print or fax, and most of all, peace and quiet to get the work done. Fresh homemade cookies downstairs in the parlor help to keep the creative juices flowing for those late-night projects.

After my first stay at the Inn, I walked a away with a different perspective on many things - The origins of Oregon as a state, the way that the smaller towns around Medford support the region as a whole to provide a dynamic combination of diverse culture along with old-world community, and the vitality of Jacksonville as a destination worth traveling to see. For me, these revelations were made possible by Tina and Vicki, and Bybee's Historic Inn.

History and relevance aside, there remains grace of the hosts, who make this experience so meaningful for me. I really feel at home. There is no pretense, I simply act as if I were family - which I sincerely believe I am. Tina and Vicki focus on the personal touches to help guests slip into that relaxed mode that usually is relegated to the confines of their own home. I have probably stayed at the Inn 6 times in the past year and I have made friends every single time. Most of the other guests I have spoke with feel exactly the same.

If you are looking for something truly special in a lodging experience, make a reservation at Bybee's Historic Inn. There simply is no equal.

Room Tip: They are all superb, but my favorite is the
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business