All reviews my husband and i next morning minute drive glass of wine the main house britt festival in town a great stay wonderful hosts tina porch accommodations ashland respite concert charm
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We did not want to leave and can not wait to go back. Our new home away from home.
Everything was excellent. Thanks Vikki and Tina

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

When William Bybee built his home in the 1850's, he couldn't have picked a better location for an inn. Neither could he possibly have imagined that 160 years later, people from far and wide would visit and experience the grandeur of what he alone once possessed.

We have visited quite a few very special inns/B&B's here in the states and abroad, but after staying at Bybee's, we now have a new higher standard with which to measure all others.

Leaving WAS like saying "Goodbye" to family.

Each breakfast WAS a culinary delight, as a gift given and not soon forgotten.

Our room (The Elizabethan Room) WAS elegant, cozy--yes, special! (We recognized the English linens and robes.)

A beautiful Bed &Breakfast being run, by two very special cousins, with creativity, sincerity, loving care, and total passion.

All this for OUR (And Your) enjoyment!

Room Tip: Our first floor room was bright and very convenient.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Bybee House over Thanksgiving weekend (2011). We were in the Americana room, which is quite large with a lot of room for relaxing during down time. The room is exactly as the photos show, with a large, comfortably sofa, big screen TV, ceiling fan and heater. The bed was large and very comfortable - perfectly firm. I always travel with my own pillow, but theirs seemed to be relatively firm - definitely not the flat pancake pillows that make my neck scream.
The bathroom is accessible for wheelchairs and walkers (not an issue for us, but good to know). The walk-in shower has 2 shower heads and a built-in bench seat. It was wonderful! The toiletries in the room are elegant, first-class items, and complete (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, as well as lotions, shaving kit, shower cap and the works). Everything here was first-class and well-kept.
Now to the food. The first good thing was that we were offered a glass of wine on arrival. What a way to start a holiday trip! We were able to serve ourselves and take our glasses wherever we wanted. On Thanksgiving day, we just wanted to hang out in our room for a while, so Vicki gave us a couple of glasses of wine to take back, even though they were busy preparing their own holiday meal. Every morning, there was a carafe of coffee with cream and sugar ready to take back to our room while we got ready for breakfast. That was a treat as well, as there is no coffee maker in the room (but there is a microwave and refrigerator with tiny freezer). The breakfasts were excellent. Each day started with a fruit course (a poached pear or baked apple, for example). Next came a main course of eggs and meat (baked egg with cheese and peppered bacon for example). Then was a pastry, home-made and very good. I don't recall a 4th course, but it seems there was a dessert-like offering such as fruit crisp. Fruit juice, coffee, tea, and milk were offered each day, and the ladies quickly learned our preferences, but never failed to offer other options as well.
Overall, I must say I enjoyed my stay, and will return again (actually for next Independence Day!). I recommend the Bybee House B&B. This site indicates they do not have room rates, and I believe our room was about $190/night. With a longer stay, the room rate is discounted, so our summer stay is supposed to be about $175/night. Room tax is only 1%, which is a huge bargain in my experience!

Room Tip: The Americana is the largest, but is separate from the main house (requiring a dash across the patio for food). The other rooms are beautiful, and good size, as well.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Delicious food, quality toiletries, luxurious linens and robes, beautiful grounds, exquisite furnishings and antiques, comfortable and homey atmosphere. Feel like family when you leave and we hated to leave.

Room Tip: All are nice Not sure they had a pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karyn M
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My family and I drove up from Northern California for a wedding in Medford. We rented out the entire B & B because we have a big family and small children. The two ladies that own Bybee's love their house and love to cook. I have never seen such a well taken care of beautiful old home. The home is over 150 years old and every thing is restored and beautiful. The breakfast every morning was amazing (we stayed three nights). Each morning was a completely different meal. One morning was the most amazing quiche I have ever had. The next morning was amazing french toast but instead of using toast they used croissants. Tina and Vikki run an amazing business. My family is planning to know do an annual trip to Medford to see our family friends and will only stay at teh Bybee's Historic Inn.

Room Tip: The one room outside is bigger if you need the space but they are all great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family