“Great Dinner but THE WORST COFFEE”
Review of DEJA VU BISTRO & WINE BAR - CLOSED

DEJA VU BISTRO & WINE BAR
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It's in the McCully House Inn.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Grilled Caesar salad, Fried calamari with wasabi mayo, grilled Salmon, Grilled Ahi Tuna. All were perfectly cooked and beautifully presented.
Dinner was very good would definitely go back. Its a causal place you can sit outside or in. Service was decent even though it was very busy.
BUT:
THE WORST cup of coffee I have ever had in a restaurant though, tasted like dishwater. Please tell owners to invest in a good espresso machine. In a restaurant of this caliber they should have great coffee or cappuccino to end the meal.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

After reading all the reviews we were disappointed. The service was lackluster and slow. Once our order was taken, wine and food delivered we didn't receive any further attention from the wait staff. We had to flag someone down for water refill and the check. The wasabi aoli on the over-salted calamari had no aoli component. It was thinned out straight wasabi. The salad came with a generous drizzle of the same. I like wasabi but.....

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very nice dinner in a very peaceful outdoor setting. Food was very good. Quiet. relaxed atmosphere. Service a bit spotty. would return.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were there "introducing" some friends to Jacksonville, and everything was just about perfect. It was a beautiful evening, we were seated on the patio, our waiter, Matt, was very professional, prompt and engaging without being too talkative. The menu is eclectic and the prices are a refreshing reprieve from the spendy Jacksonville Inn down the block. The wine list is a bit thin, but everything is good and reasonable priced. They offer free corkage if you buy a bottle, so get some friends together, sample a couple wineries in the Applegate, buy a wine you like, order another bottle with dinner and save a couple bucks in the process. I suppose my only issue is with the name of the place. Deja Vu? In Jacksonville, Oregon? My first thought when i heard the name was it might be some cheesy nightclub with Patrick Nagel illustrations adorning the walls, but i'm very glad we didn't let that dissuade us.

1  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I'm a local and I've had a few friends tell me about this wonderful place in Jacksonville called Deja Vu. My friends really hyped the place so I took my wife there with really high expectations and I was not disappointed!

Matt was my server and he did a fantastic job. Plates were cleared promptly and neither my wine nor my water glass was ever empty and he provided us with a wonderful conversation. Matt suggested the "Original Grilled Romaine Salad" which was the beginning of our unforgettable culinary journey at the hands of Chef Bill.

My wife had the king salmon and it was cooked perfectly! It had the best taste and texture of any salmon I have ever had. The black bean butter sauce was superb and went well with both the fish and the jasmine rice.

I had the short rib penne pasta. The competing flavors of the salty bleu cheese, the sweet bahri dates, and the earthy mushrooms was nothing short of a symphony!

I'm the type of person that rarely goes out to eat because I can't find food that is as good as what I can make at home. Chef Bill has an obvious talent and love for food that will certainly bring us back for more! I can't wait to have Deja Vu all over again!