Wine Country Inn
All reviewssconesin townwine countrygerman restaurantparking situationwould stay here againsmall refrigeratorold schoolbath areadowntown jacksonvilleprivate patiotwo nightsstreet bistrocomfortable roommccully housewithin walking distancesouthern oregon
Reviewed 7 August 2013

When I clicked onto their web page and saw the price for the deluxe king room at $ 54.00 I almost fainted. I pushed confirm as quickly as I could. Even at $ 129.00 it would have been a very good deal. The room was large with nice sheets and a nice bathroom.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank JdogRossCa.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was one stop on the way home from our honeymoon. We arrived later in the evening in the middle of 3 wildfires and much smoke in the air. We were disappointed when we arrived into all the smoke. Aaron worked with us to make sure we were comfortable in our room and satisfied with the price. Aaron was very professional and personable. He diffused an unhappy situation and made it pleasant.

In the morning at check out, we were greeted by a friendly and smiling Carly. The employees were all so friendly, helpful and accommodating.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds very comfy. I admit, I didn't really care for the scones much or the coffee, but I am somewhat picky about my coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Room has been recently redecorated/remodeled so its really cute and cozy. The big bummer though are the beds, which is the reason for the 3 rating. Other then that I would have give it a 4. Very clean room, outside could use some sprucing up but the rest of the complex was newly painted so maybe ours is next?. Gal at the front desk very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for newer section. They have houses /cabins too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Staff- the staff was great! Karli made some winning recommendations and made sure we knew that she was available if we needed anything. No complaints about staff- everyone was VEERRY friendly.

Room- Meh. I was a little disappointed. This place is an updated motel and gets the job done with no frills. The shower had no power behind it and the bed was HARD, like ROCK HARD (and I usually like a supportive mattress, but this was a little ridiculous).

Location- Okay! We were able to walk to the center of town and that was nice.

Grounds- they clearly prioritize the landscaping. I was able to sit outside among trees and flowers and drink coffee and it was nice.

Scones- I was not a fan of the scones they serve in the morning. Yes, it's nice that they offer scones. Very nice. However, down the street is the Mustard Seed Cafe where they serve the most amazing cinnamon buns ever!! Can they strike a deal with the cafe and serve cinnamon buns in the morning? Sometimes the little details can make all the difference.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This was our fourth hotel in two weeks and we were feeling a little jaded. However, the staff were engaging and I felt as though we weren't simply a 'reservation'. The rooms had everything we needed, including wi-fi - which was free (not always the case in large chain hotels).

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple