“Extensive menu and very good food”

Jacksonville Inn Dining House
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the center of Jacksonville, a historic town in Southern Oregon that got its start as part of the gold rush back in the 1850s, stands the Jacksonville Inn. It’s an elegant bed and breakfast housed in a building built in 18961 complete with walls made of locally quarried sandstone (specks of gold are still visible in the mortar). The historic hotel rooms blend distinctive 19th century décor with the necessities of a connected digital age, including a variety of modern comforts and amenities. Whether or not you are staying in the unforgettable rooms, you will love dining in the superb restaurant with its distinctive menu and impressive wine list featuring over 2,000 wines. The restaurant is known for its attention to detail and personal service and has a passion for building connections with its customers. The Jacksonville Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has served three U.S. presidents and has provided lodging for a U. S. president and First Lady.
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Extensive menu and very good food”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went back to an old reliable favorite..Jacksonville Inn. The service was impeccable. The wine list was daunting...but it would be difficult to complain that you could not find an acceptable wine for your meal. The appetizer of multiple types of mushrooms with lobster was wonderful. My wife's fish was overwhelmed with sauce. My petrale sole was also somewhat disappointing because of a heavy bread crumb coating and a strong sauce (for a delicate fish). The veges were fine. The dessert tasty.

• Visited September 2013
Jerry E, Owner at Jacksonville Inn Dining House, responded to this review, 9 April 2017
I know it's been a few years, Tom, but I still appreciate you reaching out! I'm thrilled to hear you found the perfect wine for your meal, but I'm sorry to hear the dishes themselves weren't quite up to par this time. It's been a while since you wrote this review, so I hope to have you two back soon to prove that our food is just as wonderful as our service and wine list.

Until then,
Jerry Evans, Owner

Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Food was excellent! Service was good, swift, professional! Went with 3 adult generations of my family from across the country, visiting our 90-year-old dad who frequents your restaurant. What a delightful experience for all -- warm, welcoming...and delicious! Thank you! -Janet P

Medford, Oregon
“Memorable 78th Birthday”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Platon M, our event planner, set up the banquet room for my father-in-laws 78th birthday. It was a full family affair, 9 people and baby, and we were looking forward to a nice night.
We were greeted by the owner Jerry Evans when we arrived and promptly seated. Our host Todd Evans popped in to check on us and make sure everything was perfect. Indeed it was. Our server went above and beyond locating our wines from their impressive wine list and was attentive and professional throughout the evening. From the great selection of wines to the exquisite food, the night was a special treat.
We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, food, wine and service. It was truly a memorable night, it exceeded all expectations and they were high. The J'Ville Inn has exceedingly high standards and they never disappoint. It is amazing how they have kept up the level of service for all these many years.
THANK YOU Jacksonville Inn for everything!

Montgomery Village, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great! Ate in their banquet room”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The food was great! The service was great. Ate with a group of 13. The waiter accommodated separate checks very gracefully and explained that the hold up with the Gazpacho was that he had never had so many orders for it at one time. He kept us laughing. The Gazpacho was delicious. I had the Frittata. Others in the group had the Fresh Pear and Walnut salad, which was a work of art! The banquet room table was great! The table is a big square, so we could all converse without any yelling down the table.

Portland Oregon
“New takes on old classics”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The restaurant is old-world elegance on the inside, but fortunately we noticed the outside patio, which is really lovely and just a little bit more casual.
Just by coincidence, my husband and I both ordered "classics" -- and, almost immediately when we began eating, we both noticed that the chef had performed some interesting twists. The dishes had all the ingredients required to be identifiable, but the techniques and other additions personalized both presentations.
The beef stroganoff of course contained mushrooms, egg noodles, beef and cream. But it was baked, drier (not as saucy) as usual, with parmesan cheese and more spiciness than in a traditional Russian-style stroganoff. My husband loved it.
The first thing I noticed about my bouillabaisse was that the soup was white (cream & butter), not red. There wasn't a tomato anywhere -- but nice flecks of red accent from roasted red pepper. Standard ingredients included good-sized pieces of salmon & a white fish (cod?), plus calamaris & 2 large shrimps. No garlic (I thought bouillabaisse always must have garlic!), but it was served with 2 large pieces of garlic bread.
Speaking of bread, the wheat multigrain bread (I presume housemade) is fabulous. It's toooo tempting to fill up on this great bread at the beginning of the meal.
The staff were all good. We had a nice chat with the very friendly host about the restaurant business all up and down the West Coast -- all the while I noticed that he was keeping an eye out for new guests and excused himself to seat people, all very professionally and with style.
Jacksonville Inn is a treasure in southern Oregon. I definitely want to stay there in the hotel someday -- And, even though there are other very fine restaurants in Jacksonville, I would probably just stay right there and eat my way through the entire menu.