“Have the Corn Chowder!!”

Jacksonville Inn Dining House
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the center of Jacksonville, a historic town in Southern Oregon that got its start as part of the gold rush back in the 1850s, stands the Jacksonville Inn. It’s an elegant bed and breakfast housed in a building built in 18961 complete with walls made of locally quarried sandstone (specks of gold are still visible in the mortar). The historic hotel rooms blend distinctive 19th century décor with the necessities of a connected digital age, including a variety of modern comforts and amenities. Whether or not you are staying in the unforgettable rooms, you will love dining in the superb restaurant with its distinctive menu and impressive wine list featuring over 2,000 wines. The restaurant is known for its attention to detail and personal service and has a passion for building connections with its customers. The Jacksonville Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has served three U.S. presidents and has provided lodging for a U. S. president and First Lady.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a first class dining experience. All the food was top of the line as well as the service. I had their house special corn chowder and have been trying to figure out how to go back and hack more ever since.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although I live in Jacksonville, which is a quaint historic town and so fun to visit, eating here is still a real treat. They have a special recipe for carrots (yes, carrots!) that is amazing. The Sunday brunch is yummy. I know several presidents have eaten there. Great service.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife & I enjoyed a wonderful evening dining at the historic Jacksonville Inn. Weather was great so we sat outside in the garden terrace area. Food and service were both great!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Six of us had Sunday Brunch here, and what a wonderful surprise. They kept the champagne and sparkling cider flowing as part of the price of the meal; no extra charge. My husband and I shared two of the specials: waffles with blueberries and almonds and an egg dish. EXCELLENT food, great service. The owner stopped by for a chat. A very good guitarist played music throughout our entire meal. Would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This historic inn has a quaint downstairs dining room; weather permitting I would perfer to eat outdoors. Nevertheless, no matter where you choose to have your meal, the food is always outstanding. The service is terrific. Come prepared to dine at a leisurely pace and savor every bite. I had the special that evening which was scallops and risotto. My husband had a sirloin steak. Each dish was prepared and served in an excellent fashion. We were celebrating our 30 wedding anniversay and was offered a complimentary champagne cocktail. My husband also had a simply scrumptious corn chowder to start his meal and I had a pear and walnut salad. Both done expertly. Our bill for a shrimp cocktail (we shared) a corn chowder, a pear / walnut salad, two entrees a bottle of Pinot Noir and a shared dessert was just over $100.00. So that gives you an idea of the cost. But it was all well worth the money. We never miss dining here when we are in Jacksonville.