“Decent food, not too high priced.”
Review of The Outpost

The Outpost
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in John Day
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Decent food, not too high priced.”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had a salad with grilled chicken and it was decent. My colleagues had their order a bit messed up, but overall it was a decent meal for a decent price. I'll try it again when I'm in town.

Visited July 2013

“Incredibly. . . Average”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

1. Black fly inside that wouldn't leave us alone.
2. Dry, barely flavored chicken fajitas.
3. Only one refill on water.
4. Food took forever to arrive.
5. Waitress shrugged disinterestedly when I asked if the cheesecake had walnuts because I have a life-threatening allergy.
6. They messed up my mom's food order.

All in all, the only reason we were glad we came was because it got us out of shopping and cooking while on the road. Will not come here again.

Visited July 2013
Pendleton, Oregon
“Good food”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We ate here twice during our stay, the food was very good and here was a lot of selection. The huckleberry cheesecake was delicious!

Visited June 2013
Carson City, Nevada
“Great Breakfast, Suspect Great Lunch / Dinner Too”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Good food, reasonable prices and friendly wait staff. Nothing fancy, but the standards done well. Western décor is fun and fitting for the town.

• Visited June 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Great burger so-so pizza”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family stopped at The Outpost on the way to the Oregon Coast. My wife's burger was excellent while the pizza was just so-so. The crust was much too dense for my taste but the cheese, sauce and toppings were good quality. The wait staff was friendly and courteous but the waitress never checked back with us and my drink was never re-filled.

• Visited June 2013

Been to The Outpost? Share your experiences!