“Great food and friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Outpost
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in John Day
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elmira
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Food was wonderful. Ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Great prices. Very nice and friendly wait staff. Pleasant and quiet restaurant. I would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013

Palm Springs, California
“Inexpensive and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

House wine is $2:00 and excellent (maybe homemade) pie is $3:00. How can you go wrong with that? The chicken taco salad lacked sauce--just dry grilled chicken plus salsa and sour cream--but I was able to add an excellent chipotle salad dressing so all was well. The apple crumb pie--a generous portion, heated--was delicious (and only $3:00). Good place t5o visit. (We've been there several times.)

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Salem, Oregon
“I had a great burger!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say, I stopped, I ate, I enjoyed. What I had was a bacon cheese burger (I had pepper jack cheese) and fries. All were very good. The burger came with a thick slice of tomato and onions and a thousand island type sauce on it. I enjoyed it very much. This restaurant was recommended to me by Tom at the John Day airport. I flew in and was hungry what can I say but.... I stopped, I ate, I enjoyed....

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Pleasant stop, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stopped for breakfast. They did a nice job with my skillet breakfast adjusting it to my special requests. Very tasty. The poached eggs were clearly not poached the traditional way (they were those rubbery eggs you get when you use those little silicone poachers), but they were OK. My fellow traveler had the standard eggs, bacon and pancakes breakfast. And, as he put it, "It was exactly what it should have been." The service was great, very friendly and prompt. And the atmosphere was fun quirky western. It would be a great place to take a family.

• Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had a great dinner at this restaurant. I had the pizza, it was very good. All the food coming out of the kitchen looked very good, good portions.

Visited July 2013