“Surprisingly Clean and Comfortable”
Review of Dreamer's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in John Day
Dreamer's Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in John Day
Reviewed 13 May 2009

There are few options for lodging in the little town John Day, so we weren't sure what we'd find. However we were very comfortable at the Dreamers Lodge. It was clean with all the necessary amenities and our hosts were accessible and friendly. This isn't a five star, but certainly a value as a three star.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OregonBonnie

Reviewed 24 October 2008

Using reviews from TripAdvisor, I called a couple of other motels first. They turned me down since my wife and I are traveling with our corgi. Dreamer's Lodge accepted us right away--and we couldn't be happier. This is a nice, clean older motel at a most reasonable price. Try it--particularly if you're a pet owner.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank willenergy
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Dreamer's Lodge is off the main street ;my wife & I actually selected it because it was closest to where we were visiting. But once we checked in, our first enjoyable moment was getting to know the very friendly and knowledgeable manager, Rakesh.

I'm guessing it's the cheapest place in town, so I really wasn't expecting too much, but it had it all and it was very clean & quiet.

The toilet seat was loose and there wasn't a Bible in the room. I mentioned it to Rakesh; the toilet seat was tightened immediately and a Bible was provided with apologies.

There was love there that you could feel. My wife & I are retired and we would rather stay at Rakesh's little Dreamer's Lodge than the biggest, fanciest impersonal hotel in the world.

Only downside might be the tree stump sticking up about 6 inches in the middle of the parking lot; might not be too good for a motorcycle or low profile car to run into that at night.

We'll be back, thank you, Rakesh.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank DickandSandy
Reviewed 6 April 2008

We stayed one night at the Dreamer's Lodge. The outside looks a little worn but the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It is one block off the main highway so you don't hear the traffic as much as the motels on the main highway. Also the room is larger than many of the motel rooms we have stayed in, and the price was lower than the other motels I checked in John Day. We enjoyed our stay there. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2007

A great deal on a good family owned motel. One block off the main road. Across the parking lot is the Outpost restaurant for a good meal. WiFi, Micro, Coffee and friendly people that checked us in. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 26 June 2007

We stayed here on a Saturday night in June 2007. We found the hotel because it was recommended in our AAA book (the only other AAA-recommended hotel in town, the Best Western, was booked up for the night). The hotel has a funky 1950s exterior, and our room looks like it was furnished in the 1970s or early 1980s. This was satisfactory, as the room was spotlessly clean. However, I do agree with the previous poster who said that the wireless internet signal was weak. We had trouble with ours fading in and out. Make sure you check the signal in the room they propose to you before you book the room. On the plus side, the proprietor was concerned about the internet problems and sent a nice young man (probably his son) up to the room to help us with it. Overall, the room was worth the $58 plus tax we paid for one night.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pbfarfallina
Reviewed 24 June 2007

We stayed here because we are cheapskates and didn't want to pay for the Best Western. We'd also seen the other hotel in town (I believe it's called the Sunset Inn or something like that) and weren't impressed with it, so Dreamer's Lodge was the third option. It is an older property and fans of funky '50's architecture will probably get a kick out of the carport with rocks on it!

The room we got (only one to the right at the top of the stairs to the second level) was spacious with two double beds. Everything worked, once I figured out how to control the shower knob, which had been installed backwards. Spotlessly clean, if slightly worn. There was a small fridge, which was great for late-night snacks since the town shuts down at 8. I didn't attempt computer connections so can't speak to the wifi.

Bottom line: we were very comfortable and will probably go back.

1  Thank raindeva

Been to Dreamer's Lodge? Share your experiences!