“1960's look, no frills, spotless with recliner --we highly recommend”
Review of Dreamer's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in John Day
Dreamer's Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in John Day
Medical Lake, WA
“1960's look, no frills, spotless with recliner --we highly recommend”
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Thanks to other favorable reviews, I reserved a room at the Dreamer's Lodge. The process went smoothly.

When we checked in I asked about nearby restaurants. They actually had full menus from 2 restaurants located within 2 blocks. Both served good basic food at reasonable prices. There is also a Dairy Queen within a block -- nice for snacks.

The lodge looks like it is from the 1960's -- it has outside stairs and walkways and is 2 story frame construction. There's a large parking lot, but no elevator. We got a 2nd floor room to avoid the possibility of overhead noise.

There are no frills here -- no pool, spa or exercise room; just great rooms at a reasonable price.

The room was SPOTLESS and all furnishings were in very good condition. We had 2 king beds and room was good sized with microwave, fridge, iron, hair dryer and sink outside of bathroom. Both chairs were upolstered and one reclined. Everything worked perfectly and there was plenty of hot water --even when we got up fairly late the next morning. Towels were good sized and soft.

We HIGHLY recommend this hotel. On the ratings I gave the room 4 out or 5 simply because it is an older style -- it had no faults. Our rate may have been discounted for state employment-- it was just under $70 including tax.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JLM990022

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
seattle
Reviewed 29 July 2009

This is one of the cleanest hotels I have visited while traveling in remote areas. It seems most of the customers where business travelers or tourists passing through so the place is pretty quite as well.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank justinlan
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We just stayed at the Dreamer's Lodge in John Day and really enjoyed it. It looks odd and really out of date on the outside, but we found the rooms to be very clean and well cared for. The price was well worth it. Hurray for the family owned Motel !

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nozenji
Corvallis, OR
Reviewed 13 May 2009

There are few options for lodging in the little town John Day, so we weren't sure what we'd find. However we were very comfortable at the Dreamers Lodge. It was clean with all the necessary amenities and our hosts were accessible and friendly. This isn't a five star, but certainly a value as a three star.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OregonBonnie
Portland
Reviewed 24 October 2008

Using reviews from TripAdvisor, I called a couple of other motels first. They turned me down since my wife and I are traveling with our corgi. Dreamer's Lodge accepted us right away--and we couldn't be happier. This is a nice, clean older motel at a most reasonable price. Try it--particularly if you're a pet owner.

• Liked — Very clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Beats me
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank willenergy
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Dreamer's Lodge is off the main street ;my wife & I actually selected it because it was closest to where we were visiting. But once we checked in, our first enjoyable moment was getting to know the very friendly and knowledgeable manager, Rakesh.

I'm guessing it's the cheapest place in town, so I really wasn't expecting too much, but it had it all and it was very clean & quiet.

The toilet seat was loose and there wasn't a Bible in the room. I mentioned it to Rakesh; the toilet seat was tightened immediately and a Bible was provided with apologies.

There was love there that you could feel. My wife & I are retired and we would rather stay at Rakesh's little Dreamer's Lodge than the biggest, fanciest impersonal hotel in the world.

Only downside might be the tree stump sticking up about 6 inches in the middle of the parking lot; might not be too good for a motorcycle or low profile car to run into that at night.

We'll be back, thank you, Rakesh.

• Liked — As a senior adult, I need a little respect; I got it and more at Dreamer's Lodge.
  • Disliked — The stump in the driveway could have been a problem, but I saw it in time.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DickandSandy
Oregon
Reviewed 6 April 2008

We stayed one night at the Dreamer's Lodge. The outside looks a little worn but the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It is one block off the main highway so you don't hear the traffic as much as the motels on the main highway. Also the room is larger than many of the motel rooms we have stayed in, and the price was lower than the other motels I checked in John Day. We enjoyed our stay there. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Been to Dreamer's Lodge? Share your experiences!