“Good Food”

Squeeze-In Restaurant & Deck
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in John Day
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had breakfast on the deck. Greeted with a friendly hello from Hannah who also was are server. They were very busy but she did not make us feel rushed at all took the time to make recommendations of which we took her advice. The pancakes with fresh blueberries were excellent, along with the eggs that were made just they way we ordered them. Hash browns were crisp and not greasy. Even the yoast was still warm. Service and value was great with the deck being a bonus.....

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stopped in to the Squeeze-In for breakfast on our way out of John Day, OR and enjoyed an excellent meal. The staff were very friendly, as well as some the other patrons. We think they were the regulars/locals. The food was cooked perfectly and they were very okay with a change in the menu we asked for when we ordered. It's a relaxed atmosphere, much like an older diner. There is a deck out back which we didn't have time to investigate. We will certainly go back for another meal or two when stopping in John Day.

1  Thank OregonLiz
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I enjoyed the food at the restaurant. Sometimes when you are traveling through smaller towns it is difficult to know were to eat. This is a clean friendly place with good food.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I love the squeeze inn. It has been around since I was a kid. It has great service and food. The prices are great. Whenever I'm in JD I try to make it over. Have their french fries you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I'm a local, and I eat at the Squeeze-In every now and then. My favorite meal is the Reuben Sandwich, no sauce. It's big and fat, pastrami and sauerkraut on rye, grilled. I always tell them to "skip the sauce," it's greasy enough without it, but boy, I love it. Just a warning: the fries are home-made, from real potatoes, but the oil is not up to my standards, so I skip them too, and get the Cole-slaw instead. As others have said, the pies are delicious (and dangerous). Great service, friendly atmosphere.