“Decent food, friendly local atmosphere”

Squeeze-In Restaurant & Deck
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in John Day
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Wife had a Cob salad. Obviously this cook has never been shown how to make a Cob salad. Ingredients were there but all mixed together. I had what the called the Squeeze Philly sandwich. It was a standard Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with cream cheese added. Nice addition. Terrible parking situation. Prices OK.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our server was VERY helpful when I explained that my food choices were limited by my acid reflux and gluten free diet. My salad was delicious with gluten free croutons, the soup was awesome and not tomato based and best of all? The scrumptious bread accompanying the soup & salad was gluten free also. When I asked where they obtained the bread, our server explained that the new owner has everything made at the restaurant and is very health conscious. I crossed my fingers and asked if she would sell me a loaf.......the answer was YES!! My companions also thoroughly enjoyed their lunch and I've enjoyed my bread at home!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

In John Day for work recently and had opportunity to slip in to the Squeeze-in for a bite before morning meeting. Owner was our server, she was friendly, interested in conversation about local things to do, provide directions, etc. Food was good - not spectacular - but good food, fast, hot and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were driving thru John Day on our way across Oregon and hit it at Lunchtime on a Tuesday. There were only 3 choices for lunch-- McDonalds, Dairy Queen, and this diner. Major mistake to pick this diner. Diner food is diner food but the salad was old and did not digest well, the Lasagna had no spices and seemed like it was microwaved super hot before it arrived, the french toast was stiff, flat, and tasted cheap due to the margarine spread and lousy fake syrup. I regretted eating here to the point that next time i would go hungry and make it another 3 hours down the road before eating at this place again.

1  Thank polaris22
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Pretty disappointing for dinner plus a poor value for what I ended up with. The salad was iceberg lettuce that has seen better days; the mashed potatoes were pretty tasteless; the salmon (I should have known better this far from water) was a bad cut and overcooked; everything else was mediocre. The server was nice and I really wanted to like this place... I heard that they were much better, good even, for breakfast.