“Come drink good beer. ”

1188 Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in John Day
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Where ever I travel I'm always looking for a brewpub so I was delighted when I saw 1188 in John Day. Their in house beers are spot on, very good flavor and mouth feel. We ordered some food which was very tasty I had the caprese panini and a salad with pomegranate vinaigrette totally unexpected for John Day. Trista our server was a hoot and kept our glasses full. So come check out John Day's newest brewpub.

There are newer reviews for 1188 Brewing Company

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Best Western and two restaurants on Main Street were recommended, but between those two, I found this gem. I had the Box Car Pale Ale and a Caesar salad with shrimp. YUM! The beer was soooo good! The salad was huge, tasted fresh, and I really liked the shrimp. I paid $6 extra for shrimp; $2 more than adding chicken. I wanted shrimp and have no regrets about paying those $2. Fun place, well decorated in a hip style. Eat here! Open Monday through Saturday; closed Sundays.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A brew pub should expect to be busy on a Saturday night, especially a holiday one. It took over 90 minutes to get our meals. When they finally did show up, the chicken parmesan salad was basically breaded chicken on a bed of lettuce. A ham and gruyere pannini was not grilled, and the cheese was only a hint. The beers were OK, the soup was good, but neither were worth the lengthy delay. A table near us that had their orders taken before us, commented when their food finally showed up "it's been so long we had forgotten that we had ordered food".

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The selection of beers includes those brewed in house and from other nearby breweries, all delicious. The food is good, particularly the nachos.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The beer was quite good here; I was very impressed that they are able to make a go of it in John Day. I really enjoyed the beer and the food. We had some sampler food items that we shared and it was all quite good. The panini's were excellent. A delightful place - I hope they hang in there!