Best Western John Day Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dreamer's Lodge(John Day)
View Hotel
Long Creek Lodge(Long Creek)
Depot Inn(Sumpter)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernscentral oregonplace to stayjohn day fossil bedsroom wasn't readycomfortable bedsother hotelsfirst floorup to datestayed two nightsindoor poolthe breakfast areacoffee makervery nice hotelbiscuits and gravycontinental breakfastdesk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I, along with many other members of the family stayed here the second weekend in June for a cousin's wedding. If you ride a motorcycle, evidently this is the palce to stay as they even have buckets with rags for cleaning your motorcyle in buckets by the lobby and many motorcyclists took advantage of it that weekend.
The room itself was very nice. We were in room 203 which has two queens,a,microwave, a fridge and a Keurig coffeemaker which we used and found easy to operate. I liked the separate vanity and the A/C. Since we had a breakfast to go to, we didn't partake of the breakfast but I peeked in and liked what I saw.
We took over the pool area, much to the consternation, I'm sure, of other guests as there were many kids in our group and it was noisy.
Overall, it was a good stay and I would stay there again if I was in John Day.

Room Tip: I prefer second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a decent Best Western, and the price was reasonable. My mom and I arrived here at around 9:15 p.m. The parking lot was almost full. It was a fast check in. The room we reserved was room 106. This is a quiet location near the back of the property. There are actually two rooms in room 106 which are separated by a door. My mom slept in the room with two queen beds, and I slept in the separate room which had one queen bed. Both rooms were clean. The beds we used were comfortable. We both had a good night's rest. We also used the laundry room to clean some clothes which is located about ten feet from room 106. In the morning, I used the fitness center which has a treadmill, stationary bicycle, stair-stepper rowing machine, and a weight lifting machine. The incline feature on the treadmill did not work. I reported the defect to the front desk lady upon check out. The complimentary breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bread, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, and juices. Very filling breakfast indeed. There was not a free newspaper to read like most Best Westerns have for their guests. Upon departure, the checkout was quick. During my stay, all staff I talked with were courteous and friendly. I will definitely again stay at the Best Western John Day Inn when in this area of Oregon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I got room 203, two queens. parking a little problematic, but front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. I was guided to two close-by restaurants, but opted for the hip brewery, "1188." This room has some great features; quality furnishings, comfortable bed, nice decor, a Keurig coffee, HD television, and more. NOTE: all rooms have exterior doors. Pool and "spa," in a separate building. My only "con," would be that the tub and surround are a bit tired and dirty looking. Not sure why that is... Very happy here, good value, would definitely recommend. I came from another very good quality BW, in Prineville, after spending day "doing" John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, and was a little worried this property would be less than the great room I had last night.

Room Tip: I was in 203; two Queens. Quiet, close to breakfast, laundry, pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my go-to place in John Day, Oregon. The staff is very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable. The price is reasonable. They have a new breakfast feature now, and that is hash browns along delicious (hot) gravy (very meaty). It's a welcome change from normal hotel breakfast items you find in hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I always stay here on a trip to John Day. Great service and the rooms are clean and comfortable. They also take my dog who likes it here too !!!! Within walking distance to downtown John Day and the Kam Wah Chung Museum. Pool and spa complete the stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business