“Well Rested”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in John Day
Reedley, United States
“Well Rested”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Staff was helpful in placing us in a first floor room, as stairs are difficult for my husband. Our room coffee maker did not work, but there were several selections of coffee flavors to choose from when the problem was corrected. We received a voucher for a complimentary breakfast at the restaurant next door. Food was good. Very happy with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Enjoyed an excellent stay. Comfortable beds, good breakfast. Staff very helpful. Especially enjoyed indoor pool and hot tub. The handicap room was perfect for my 91-year-old mother. Definitely the best option for staying in John Day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

2nd Best Western on this trip, room is a bit dated, but clean and the bathroom has been updated. The bed was good, king size and very comfortable.

Really not a lot else to say, just stayed the one night traveling to Spokane, WA from Southern California....

I've stayed here before, a number of years ago and it was what I expected..... clean, reasonable priced, well located and offers the complimentary breakfast which is very nice....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
portland,oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I, along with many other members of the family stayed here the second weekend in June for a cousin's wedding. If you ride a motorcycle, evidently this is the palce to stay as they even have buckets with rags for cleaning your motorcyle in buckets by the lobby and many motorcyclists took advantage of it that weekend.
The room itself was very nice. We were in room 203 which has two queens,a,microwave, a fridge and a Keurig coffeemaker which we used and found easy to operate. I liked the separate vanity and the A/C. Since we had a breakfast to go to, we didn't partake of the breakfast but I peeked in and liked what I saw.
We took over the pool area, much to the consternation, I'm sure, of other guests as there were many kids in our group and it was noisy.
Overall, it was a good stay and I would stay there again if I was in John Day.

Room Tip: I prefer second floor rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Escondido, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a decent Best Western, and the price was reasonable. My mom and I arrived here at around 9:15 p.m. The parking lot was almost full. It was a fast check in. The room we reserved was room 106. This is a quiet location near the back of the property. There are actually two rooms in room 106 which are separated by a door. My mom slept in the room with two queen beds, and I slept in the separate room which had one queen bed. Both rooms were clean. The beds we used were comfortable. We both had a good night's rest. We also used the laundry room to clean some clothes which is located about ten feet from room 106. In the morning, I used the fitness center which has a treadmill, stationary bicycle, stair-stepper rowing machine, and a weight lifting machine. The incline feature on the treadmill did not work. I reported the defect to the front desk lady upon check out. The complimentary breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bread, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, and juices. Very filling breakfast indeed. There was not a free newspaper to read like most Best Westerns have for their guests. Upon departure, the checkout was quick. During my stay, all staff I talked with were courteous and friendly. I will definitely again stay at the Best Western John Day Inn when in this area of Oregon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I got room 203, two queens. parking a little problematic, but front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. I was guided to two close-by restaurants, but opted for the hip brewery, "1188." This room has some great features; quality furnishings, comfortable bed, nice decor, a Keurig coffee, HD television, and more. NOTE: all rooms have exterior doors. Pool and "spa," in a separate building. My only "con," would be that the tub and surround are a bit tired and dirty looking. Not sure why that is... Very happy here, good value, would definitely recommend. I came from another very good quality BW, in Prineville, after spending day "doing" John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, and was a little worried this property would be less than the great room I had last night.

Room Tip: I was in 203; two Queens. Quiet, close to breakfast, laundry, pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Lincoln City, Oregon, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my go-to place in John Day, Oregon. The staff is very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable. The price is reasonable. They have a new breakfast feature now, and that is hash browns along delicious (hot) gravy (very meaty). It's a welcome change from normal hotel breakfast items you find in hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN John Day Inn? Share your experiences!