“Good Local Beer and Pretty Good Food”
Review of Embers Restaurant

Embers Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Joseph
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We went to this restaurant for both a dinner and a lunch. We had creative sandwiches for dinner with good salads (fresh greens, interesting ingrediants in the salads and not overdressed). I had the local IPA and had to pints (intending only to have one), and my wife enjoyed a good sauvignon blanc. We also shared a great chocolate cake dessert. Two days later we had a late lunch and shared the hummus plate. The pita bread was plentiful and quite good, as was the hummus and other stuff like cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, and the like. I had the local beer, "Weedwhacker" (brewed in Enterprise six miles away) and my wife had another white wine. There is a spacious patio with plentiful shade and a great view of mountains 5000 feet above you with snow still on them at the end of July.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stopped in for mid-afternoon lunch. This was one of few places that were busy and a definite locals hangout. Looked like a good beer selection but we were driving, so..... Tried to eat a little healthy but should have just had the burger which it seemed what others were doing. Nice patio and outdoor seating. Live music at nights we saw the prior night. Good service. Think of this as decent sandwiches and grog type of place and very local.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

If they only had another rest room, I'd rate them as excellent. Great selection of microbrews and an expansive great menu at reasonable prices. Add in free live music, we're back t needing that extra rest room (even an outside porta poty) to rate as excellent.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I had just come out of several evenings of backpacking in Eagle Cap Wilderness and just wanted a nice place to enjoy a good meal and a cold beer (by the way, we did clean-up before going in). We were immediately seated and the waitress took our order within 5 minutes and shortly brought us our drinks. That was the high point. I went next door to the Fly Shop to thank the guide on his fishing recommendations and chatted way too long, so I returned expecting to find my wife to have eaten the appetizer. Nope. After 20 minutes, the hummus plate had still not arrived. Really? When it did arrive, it was within a minute of our main course arriving and my order was wrong (they brought fish & chips vs. fish tacos). I finally got the correct meal and then had to flag down the waitress for a water that only came when we had to ask for the bill. We had planned on staying for a while to enjoy real food & drink for a change, but we got the clear vibe that we were not welcome. That's a pity.

2  Thank Owensmonster
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Service, prices and food were good. We returned several times during our stay. My wife loved the salads, which were fresh. I thoroughly enjoyed the French Dip..don't miss it. Outside seating is roomy and plentiful. Inside and out you can actually converse since there's no blaring music piped in.

1  Thank SteveSpokane

Been to Embers Restaurant? Share your experiences!