“Delightful B&B in a charming small town”

Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Joseph B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2013

It was just what I hoped it would be... and more! A lovely country bungalow within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops, with vintage furnishings and updated bath and bedrooms that were clean, convenient and comfortable. The relaxing 3-day stay was most enjoyable, thanks to our friendly helpful hosts, Bill and Heather, who provided not only good suggestions about where to eat and what to do, but also great information about local artists and history of the area. Their meticulous attention to detail was evident everywhere - in the fabulous breakfasts with vintage dishes and serving pieces, the beautiful gardens surrounding the house for a leisurely stroll or for quietly sitting and watching the wildlife, and the abundant linens and bath accessories for their guests enjoyment. It was perfect in every way and greatly appreciated. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was our second trip to the Bronze Antler in Joseph and we were not disappointed. We were last here six years ago, loved it and wanted to return. Heather and Bill have maintained their high standards and made lovely additions with the gardens and bocci ball court! We stayed in the Chief Joseph room (again) and still had to take a picture of the amazing view. The rooms are appointed with top quality linens, toiletries, bath appliances and even a bathroom scale. The quality continues at breakfast! Great food and attention to detail. We are not always fans of B&Bs, but this is the exception for us! We love everything about this place. Thank you Heather and Bill!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was our second stay at the Bronze Antler (in the Chief Joseph room) and the second time was just as nice. Everything is immaculate and tastefully done. My in-laws stayed in the Mirror Suite Room, and although they found it very beautiful they were also a bit overwhelmed with the 7 remotes that control everything from the TV to the toilet. (Yes, the toilet has a remote.) Breakfast was good and the owners are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I and another couple went to Oxbow Oregon for an exciting "Hells Canyon Jet Boat" ride to Lewiston, Idaho. The trip was 110 miles so we knew that we would be returning at about 3 PM. We decided to see what kind of hotels were in the area. Finding very few, my friend Stan said that there is a Bed and Breakfast place in Joseph, Oregon and we should try there. My wife and I have never stayed in a B and B so we said sure. We were suppose to arrive at 5:30 but the river trip was a hour an a half late getting home. We arrived at 7. We were met by Heather, one of the owners and she gave us a detailed trip around the house. While that was going on I went outside and saw a family of 6 deer welcoming me on the front lawn. We walked around Joseph, a great little town with MANY bronze statues. We had great pancakes and fruit and bacon for breakfast. This place was like a piece of history. My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: They had a suite on the first floor that was incredible. It had a power toilet!!!! We had no idea o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank refone
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I travel for business and decided to try a B&B on this trip. I am glad I did. Heather was very welcoming and knows the area well--providing great recommendations for dinner, site seeing and shopping. My room was very comfortable. I would recommend this B&B to my friends and hope to come back next summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cynthia483
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had gotten away from B&Bs because we had so many weird experiences. But, based on Tripadvisor reviews of the Bronze Antler, we decided to try one more time. And we are very happy we did. First, Joseph, Oregon is a lovely setting. And the Bronze Antler is a beautiful arts and craft home with great gardens and fantastic breakfasts. All rooms have a full and well-appointed bath. The hosts, Heather and Bill, are welcoming and have great information on the highlights of the area. Heather gave us great advise on birding sites and hikes. I recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: All the upstairs rooms are very nice; there is an "add-on" room which might be a bit large...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frankies3rd
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very clean, well maintained, friendly owners! Stayed in the suite with all the electronic marvels. Fortunately, no tests were given on how to operate everything (I would have failed). I can't operate one remote control, give me six and I'm lost, haha. But we managed! Would stay there again if we return to Joseph.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joseph
Eagle's View Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Joseph
Mingo Motel
Mingo Motel
#1 of 1 in Wallowa

Been to Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!