“Sometimes the only place in town!”
Review of La Laguna

La Laguna
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gresham, Oregon
“Sometimes the only place in town!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband loves Mexican food and could eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner! Upon arriving in Joseph we decided to try it as it appeared very popular. Good food - could have been a little spicier for my taste. The waiter was funny and entertaining. We were going to try somewhere different on the the actual Memorial Day holiday but at the time we decided to dine it was the only place open in Joseph! We did not hesitate to dine there again. It was later this time so I treated myself to a Margarita which was very good. The staff are great and the menu large and reasonably priced but not overly inspired.

• Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty, and open later than anything else in town”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

A welcome late-evening meal, with good chips and decent molé, and cold Negro Modelos, which are always welcome. Great service.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great dining experience!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have been to this mexican restaurant twice, and both times have been very pleased. The service is fast and friendly, and the food not over priced and plentiful. They have an awesome outdoor area with seating around a beautiful pond complete with lily pads and flowers and birds everywhere. We were camping, and this gave us a comfty break!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank kimmielou
Toledo, OR
“Typical mex-american food, nicer setting.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Food is the same as any other Mexican place in the country; nothing special and I've had better at other restaurants. Waiter was amusing; margarita was better than average. Nice outdoor seating area. Average to fair food; greasy and lots of medium cheddar as usual.

• Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“A Very Good Mexican Restaurant in the Boondocks”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Joseph is a small, art colony at the foot of the Wallowa Mountains in northeast Oregon, the "Alps of Oregon." It has a nice side yard with shade (and also sun for those desiring it) and a fish pond. There are all the standard menu items plus some house specialties. I had Carne Asada while my wife had an enchilada along with some Margaritas, chips and a side of guacamole. We were there for three days and this was one of the better meals we had. I am not a fan of Mexican food, but I would go back and order some other house specialty, and I know it would be flavorful and quite good. We needed no extra seasoning. In Joseph this is one of two or perhaps three restaurants worthwhile going to.

• Visited July 2013