“Great coffee”

Red Horse Coffee Traders
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Joseph
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice atmosphere. Small coffee shop with some lunch and breakfast goodies. Obviously a favorite spots with the locals. The coffee was great!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our morning coffee and a breakfast I can only describe as a combination of omelette and frittata, with eggs cheese and bacon. It stuck to my ribs as I went through the day! We enjoyed the atmosphere, the service and the conversation with folks at nearby tables. It's locally popular and I'm sure it gets crowded, but we arrived early.

1  Thank Sixgill
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The docents at the Josephy Arts Center sent us across the street to their favorite tea/coffee place. Just a small place, easy to miss. But in this non tourist season it was stuffed with locals and great coffee and tea. The baked goods at this time of day were limited but home made and amazing.

So glad we stopped. A great little place in a great little town in a hidden corner of Oregon.

3  Thank vintagetrailer
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Creative, clean food with fresh ingredients. A refreshing change from the standard pub fare found in many rural restaurants. The breakfast salad made with quinoa, black beans, greens, beets, carrots and a plethora of other deluciousness is not to be missed. Great coffee, good service, wifi and a cozy atmosphere. This place is the packsge. I wish they would get a liquor license and serve wine and beer in the evenings!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I can see that like everyone else that posted, we loved the coffee at the Red Horse. Went two mornings. First time we had already had breakfast, so just had a nice cup of brewed coffee outside (August 24th 2013) and then took a refill and walked around town.
The second next morning we had to break camp unexpectedly and get back home, so we ended up there for breakfast, early Sunday morning. My wife and I split a pastry and a big breakfast burrito. Okay, excellent food. We grabbed a pound of their coffee beans to go, the coffee of the day, sorry but can't recall that one for you and took it back to Portland where we enjoyed it each morning as we recalled out recent trip and the town of Joseph...

We are coffee drinkers for over forty years, including espresso bars and coffee joints around the world. You know the second most important ingredient is the water, after the quality and roasting of the beans, of course, and right in front of the people that serve it too you.

Beans, Water, Cheerful Service. All three ingredients to a great cup of coffee were there at the Red Horse in abundance!

1  Thank mrbeel