“Won't be back!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joseph
Mountain View Motel & RV Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Joseph
Lake Oswego
“Won't be back!”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Bad experience camping here! Complained to the manager about the loud party next to us, they partied til about 2 am and we were told quiet time was at 10 pm. He then told them we complained. Thankfully they were sort of nice about it (it could have turned out differently) and came over to apologize then informed us they would be loud all weekend. The next night the manager put a couple next to us who turned their car radio on at 12:30 til 2 am then got in a fight with lots of foul language. The last night was the worst, when that couple got really drunk and at 10:30 pm started punching each other, the guy was yelling "just kill me, you blanking blank", came out of the tent with blood on his face and shirt. VERY SCARY! Again we complained and the manager spoke with the guy then told us to come get him if they started fighting again and off he went to bed. Needless to say didn't we sleep much that night for fear of what might happen. The guy got in his car about 3 AM and revved the engine for about 20 min. We thought he was going to run us or his girlfriend over. It was a long drive home the next day with very little sleep from the whole weekend. We tried not to let this bad experience cloud our whole trip to Joseph as there are lots of nice folks there and the country is beautiful. This was not a restful or relaxing (or safe) place, I won't stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rdrunner_11
Scott H, Owner at Mountain View Motel & RV Park, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
I recall this unfortunate 2011 incident and the 2 women campers (sisters, I think).
When they checked in on Friday evening of that particular local Event Weekend, I suggested a quiet, creekside site with shadetrees in the back of the park -- an area generally preferred by tent campers and RVers alike for its scenery and serenity. Despite my recommendation, these customers inquired about an "overflow" site (no water spigot) in one end of the sideyard that would be closer to the shower house. I apprised them about a party that was planned for the other end of the sideyard and, again, recommended the creekside site. BUT they insisted.
So, I visited "The "Partyers" and reminded them about our 10:00 PM quiet time curfew.

The next day (Saturday), "The Camper Women" complained to me about "The Partyers". I again suggested the quiet creekside site and even offered to help them relocate their camp. BUT NO, they refused. So, I discussed the situation with "The Partiers" and asked them to keep it down. Several of "The Partyers" personally apologized to "The Camper Women" and, indeed, quieted down their partying that Saturday evening.

Unfortunately, there was no way to foresee that the couple who camped in the site next to "The Camper Women" that Saturday evening would become intoxicated and belligerent! When "The Partyers" reported this apparent domestic disturtbance to me at ~11:00 PM, I immediately investigated and told "The Domestics" that they needed to settle down ASAP or I would call in the Sheriff. They assured me that they'd settled down peaceably for the night.

THIS was indeed a series of upsetting and unfortunate events for "The Camper Women", "The Partyers", "The Domestics", for me, and the Mt View Motel & RV Park.

In 2012, "The Partyers" returned BUT sadly "The Camper Women" and "The Domestics" didn't.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joseph
Eagle's View Inn & Suites
Mingo Motel
Mingo Motel
#1 of 1 in Wallowa
Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast

Been to Mountain View Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!