“Could Not Have Been Better!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain View Motel & RV Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joseph
Mountain View Motel & RV Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Joseph
Boise, Idaho
“Could Not Have Been Better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I just spent 6 days and 5 nights with our (2) grandsons, ages 4 and 5, at the wonderful Mountain View Motel & RV Park Cabins! Owners, Scott and Kathy, are absolutely wonderful! We could not have had a better experience. It is a warm, comfortable, happy atmosphere in every way. We loved having the bunk beds for the boys and a separate bedroom for ourselves. The deck with a BBQ grill was great when the boys were ready for smoors and hot dogs! And lots of room for the boys to run! I am so glad we choose Joseph, Oregon for our get-a-way. Thanks, Scott and Kathy, for helping make our vacation with our grandsons the very best possible!
Ivan and Dianna Trembly; Boise, Idaho

2 Thank dktrembly
Scott H, Owner at Mountain View Motel & RV Park, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
8/12/13
Those boys are a couple of "pistols" for sure. Cracked me up when I overheard Grandpa say, "...I'm only gonna show you boys how to put a worm on your hook one time -- then you're on your own..." I thought, "Oh yeh, I'll bet that'll work."
Anyway, they caught trout, cleaned 'em and ate 'em.
Hot diggitty dog!
Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Joseph, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This man knows how to accommodate. Beautiful setting and very comfortable, Staying in your RV or renting one of his cabins.......you won't find a better place in Wallowa County. No matter what age, you will have a good time and return!
Clayton

Room Tip: Go ahead, look around. You will be back!
2 Thank Wallowa T
Scott H, Owner at Mountain View Motel & RV Park, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Well, Howdy Wallowa T...
Just trying to do it right, Pard. Thanks soooo much for your endorsement.
Until next time, Scott
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here with my family while we toured the area by day. They stayed in a trailer and I set up a tent in the same spot. We had a spot at the "back" of the loop next to a lovely little stream and had a fantastic view of the mountains. If you call for reservations, try to get one of the stream side spots.

The shower house was literally the nicest I've encountered in my 29 years of camping. The water pressure was great, and they were HOT!

Our only complaint was that the sprinklers came on at 9:00 one morning and soaked my grandma while she was trying to enjoy the scenery and do her crossword puzzle. My tent also got a bit wet. It would have been nice if Scott had mentioned the sprinklers, especially since he visited one evening and saw the placement of my tent. They are the pop-up kind of sprinkler and I didn't even know they were there. Little neon flags maybe?

We stayed here once in 1998, and it's clear that Scott is doing a great job, keeping the place up, and making improvements. There have been lots of changes for the better since that time.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ashley V
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

The host is helpful and does a great job. Nice campground with lush grass sites. It is clean and the host, Scott, takes pride in his place. Decent wifi and free firewood.. Very relaxing. Close to town. Would stay there again.

2 Thank Curt v V
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We made a spur of the moment decision to trek to Joseph, Oregon and found this place online. It was wonderful. The owner, Scott, is a knowledgeable and gregarious fellow who accommodated our last minute decision. The views are great, facilities clean, and sites all beautifully kept. My only regret is that we were unable to take Scott up on his request for my wife's Greek cooking (next time, Scott!). This is the kind of place and People that makes RVing so fun.

Room Tip: Spot number 1 was perfect for our motor home.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven K
Hey hey Steven....
I just have one thing to say: "Spanikopita!"
Thanks for the memories. Scott
Gresham, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

My fiance Bob and I stayed here for two wonderful nights while house hunting in the Wallowa county area June 12 and 13 If my memory serves me right... I had done some prior research on the motel and knew we wanted something reasonable, we wanted to rent the elk cabin for a few nights...got there, asked for the room with no prior reservation, no problem...brownie points right off the bat! Upon opening the door to cabin number 3... my first thought, the pictures online were nice, but the cozy inviting down home experience was much better in person! Scott the fine gentleman running the place was mighty nice and was around most anytime you needed him :) the bed was soft and easy to fall asleep in no problems, free coffee in the bedroom was included which was nice on those chilly mornings ;) even an extra blanket and pillow was provided, we had a microwave, tv, bathroom, the works! and then there is the patio with a spectacular view of the mountains out our backdoor!!! a lovely cozy quiet place to enjoy the company of a loved one<3 and I almost forgot to mention DONT forget to enjoy the many recreational activities in the area! Wildlife is everywhere there!!!

finally to top it all off... after leaving and assuming we had not left anything, shortly after we left, I got a call from Scott asking if I had left a bracelet and scrunchy in the room. well I had, and instead of us having to drive back or be charged a fee for leaving stuff behind, he offered to mail it to our home free of charge... what a sweet gesture<3

Altogether It was a GREAT experience with WONDERFUL service and we will definitely be returning in the future when we get back to that side of the mountain!!!!! Thanks again for everything :)

Miranda & Bob

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miranda H
Scott H, Owner at Mountain View Motel & RV Park, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
7/20/13. Hi Miranda, well as you might have guessed, I've been running around like a chicken without a head since you were here and haven't made time to reply until today! No, self discipline doesn't always work, despite the best of intentions.
Glad we found your bracelet. Until next time, My Best. Scott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights for a little trip after I graduated from Eastern Oregon university. Originally we were only going to stay two nights but I called about a week before and talked with Scott. He said he would have to call me back and he did less than a few hours later and said that he had got us another cabin right next door for the additional night. If he hasn't, we probably wouldn't have only ended up staying for 2 nights. The cabins were perfect for us. They aren't stand alone units like I thought but all have big decks and updates. Scott checked on us a few times during our stay and was always so friendly and willing to help. They even brought us a wagon to help move our stuff next door! The place was very clean and always smelled of pinesol. It was a pleasure staying and we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hey, hey Chelesa...It was a pleasure to meet you guys and see how much you enjoyed yourselves while here. Oh, FYI, even though our Cabin / Kitchenettes aren't stand alone units, we note that they are all separated from one another by storage rooms, etc, so none have any common walls with any other unit. -- keeps then nice & private.
Looking forward to seeing you soon! Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joseph
Eagle's View Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Joseph
Mingo Motel
Mingo Motel
#1 of 1 in Wallowa

Been to Mountain View Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!