“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kamloops, Canada
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is clean, comfortable, and QUIET even though it is just off the highway. The staff are helpful, friendly and professional. We appreciated the inclusion of the hot breakfast. Overall, it was great value and a wonderful stay. I would definitely recommend this property if you're looking for a hotel in this area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Waldport, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Overall, this was a nice place to stay. Spacious room, comfortable beds, good location, nice amenities. A big disappointment was the management of the pool and hot tub. The pool is "open" from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., yet when we tried to use it at 9:00 a.m. before checking out, we were told it would be an hour before it was open, so they could do maintenance. Really? You can't find an hour during the 11 hours that it's closed, to take care of things so that it remains open for your guests as advertised? I don't understand Northwind Inn's inability to take care of things before opening or after closing. It gives the impression that they are more concerned about their convenience, rather than the convenience of their guests.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

From showing up and having our toilet not work, having the bathroom fan not really be mounted, to finally leaving and forgetting a bag of things I'd bought there 'go missing' - great housekeeping staff you've got employed there.

Beyond the toilet being plugged, I found some of the front desk staff to be very helpful (I believe it was Susie or Susan - awesome employee) and some of them just didn't want to be around people it seemed.

Location wise, it's out of the way, so if you're looking to actually do things in downtown Portland, don't bother with this place. If you're pretty much going for the Woodburn Outlets or to hit Washington Square mall, then yeah, this place is good for that.

If you can't tell from what I've wrote, I will never stay at this hotel again. I'm appalled that my shopping bag with jeans, a shirt and cologne (as well as 2 bagged shoes) went missing, and that the staff didn't turn them in. Never has this happened to me before (and I wish I could say leaving something in the room as I went to check out was a first).

Room Tip: Tip - don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
NorthwindInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Mike,

I would like to hear from you personally; I can be reached at 503 431 2100 extension 404 or my cell 503 260 7830. My email is Prashant@bwnorthwindinn.com. I like to know who did you report your lost items & who were these people (some of them just didn't want to be around people it seemed). It will help me look into the matter further & revert.

We absolutely take pride in the services we offer & the team we have to deliver that service. I hope to hear from you soon.

Prashant Gupta, CHA
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the way home from a long road trip to the USA. The room was spacious and felt comfortable to our family of 4. We had 2 queen beds and a small sofa that added more space and seating. The beds were comfortable as were the pillows (I'm a pillow snob, lol). The only thing which may be nit picky is the cover on the bed which was a bit scratchy. Most people wouldn't even notice unless you are finicky about bedding. Breakfast was great with the usual items including a hot selection. There is a strip mall across the street where we had our dinner at Panda Express. There was a Starbucks and also an Albertson's supermarket which was convienient for us. I would recommend this hotel and would probably stay again.

Bend, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The "swing shift" female front desk person was not very friendly or helpful. The morning front desk male person was extremely helpful. The room was decent. I still feel, and always will feel, that the prices charged for a Senior Citizen are still too expensive for what one gets overall. I think the breakfasts at other Best Westerns like in Grants Pass and Medford, OR areas are a better deal than this facilities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

NorthwindInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Joanne,

Regret the not so friendly composure from one of my team members. We hope to exceed your expectations next time. As for the rates, the dynamic nature of the rates & this high season sometimnes may make you feel the way you do. For the services we offer, we like to stay affordable and on the lower side what's available in this market.

We are always looking to improve our breakfast offerings & like to invite your suggestions! You can email me Prashant@bwnorthwindinn.com and I promise to incorporate all reasonable requests.

Prashant Gupta, CHA
KlamathFalls, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Sorry, but this property just doesn't measure up. The furnishings are nice, but the carpet in room 205 badly needed shampooing, as does the carpet in the elevator.
Strange location not very close to anything.

Room Tip: All rooms seem equally quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This is located in a good neighbourhood.
The hotel had some nice touches of shampoo and conditioner pumps in the shower that helps the environment.
The service overall was good but the hotel could improve on their breakfast by offering more warm foods such as sausages etc. this was the only disappointment of the stay here.
Comfy beds and ample amount of parkade on site.

• Stayed July 2014
BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#57 of 138 in Portland

Been to Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!