“You get what you pay for”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Didn't expect much but overall a fair value for what you get. The good- room size, comfortable bed, 2 TVs in the rooms & free breakfast. The not so good- bedding and carpets needs to be updated. Rooms are dated and show a lot of wear and tear. You can hear the plumbing from your neighbors bathrooms.
We stayed 3 nights and noticed the parking lot fills up every night with Ford Trucks taking all of the close parking spots which are gone in the morning (minor inconvenience).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate that our guests take time of out their days to let us (and others) know about their stay. We are in the process of updating our bedding, and hope to have that completed soon. You happened to be staying with us during a time that we had a large group staying as well, which would have explained the parking issues that you speak of. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Klamath Falls

Sandi

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was exhausted from a long cross country trip and knew nothing about Shilo Suites when I registered. It seemed pricey at the time but when I checked out I was well-rested and thought I'd made a smart decision. The room was large with a firm king size bed, an efficiency kitchen, and a business desk with fast reliable Wi-Fi. I made coffee & ironed my clothes, had great meals in their restaurant, used the on-site ATM, & walked about the neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our lovely hotel, we appreciate them and we appreciate you! We are so glad you selected Shilo Inn for your lodging needs while you were in Klamath Falls and that you were able to enjoy our “Affordable Excellence”. We would love to see you again if your travels bring you back to Southern Oregon!

Thanks!
Sandi

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stay here once or twice a month on business. The bright side: the beds are great and, as near as I can tell from staying in other places around Klamath Falls, this is the only motel with pay per view and a built in bar and restuarant, which is nice if you are on the road as much as I am. The bar is great, with very inexpensive happy hour prices that pretty much last all night. Also the food is very good. The breakfast is totally solid, though not spectacular. The negative: The place is desperately in need of updating. In some rooms, for example, the shower heads are obviously twenty or so years old and fairly low end. Occasionally I am in a room with closet doors that are off the hinges. Carpets and decor need to be modernized. You do hear the water moving around the pipes. The restaurant looks and feels like a small, uncomfortable cafeteria. You'll want to eat in the bar. A little bit of money could make the restuarant a classy place, as there is actually a decent view to the west, especially at sunset. The bar would certainly beneft from new chairs and tables, which are cheap and very uncomfortable. Again, with a little money they could create an outdoor porch area with a view to the west. All of those criticisms aside, I like the place but wish corporate would invest some resources into it.

Room Tip: Get a fourth floor room with a view of the west.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate them. It’s nice to hear another satisfied guest in regards to our beds. We have actually started upgrading some of our amenities in our rooms including 32” flat screen tv’s and new bedding. It’s also nice to hear your comments about our bar and restaurant. I will pass on your suggestions about the restaurant and bar furniture and see what we can do. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Save your money. There is no such thing as Excellence here.Nasty and Fake acting staff. Clearly, there is something going on here. It has a sinister undertone. We were not the only unhappy visitors here. Stuffy rooms, the constantly running ventilation system. We didn't get a wink of sleep. It's weird to walk thru the lobby to swim. I woke up feeling itchy. And congested. The air in the place feels musty and stale. Not to mention, it is stuck in the 1980's. You get a better deal at a smaller hotel anyplace in Klamath Falls. We hoped it improved since the last time we were here. It has not. Time to look for new management.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TAMember08132013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit with us. Though I’m a little shocked with regard to the comment about our staff. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and our friendliness, so I’m not sure what went wrong. We are using your comments as a learning tool, as we want all of our guests to leave with positive thoughts about us. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This place way better than expected for the price. The place was clean, service was good and breakfast was good too.It was located at the center of the city. the other facilities are located with 3 mile radius of this hotel. the view is good.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting these nice words about your recent stay with us, we appreciate it! It’s so nice to know that all of our hard work in regards to our Affordable Excellence has paid off. We truly pride ourselves on our friendliness and cleanliness, and we are glad you noticed! We hope if your travels bring you back to Southern Oregon, we will see you again!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed one night recently. Yes rooms outdated . I did have a flat screen and new bedding in the room I was assigned . Very large rooms and was facing the parking. Bed hard and didn't sleep that well. TV reception and resolution poor. Free wifi pretty slow too. I could hear the water running in other rooms early in the morning. I was 4th floor. Didn't eat the breakfast. Staff very nice and check took a while with one person and 3 people shade and 3 separate people in my party.

There are better places to stay. Shilo doesn't maintain modern properties.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us, we appreciate it. I’m glad you noticed that we are doing some upgrades in our rooms with the new flat screen TV’s and the new bedding. I’m concerned with the TV reception, as we do not receive complaints about it, so I am having my staff look into the issue so we can address it. We hope to see you again if you are ever in Klamath Falls.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel needs updating - bedspreads are passé. Blankets, TV and room key system were all very old. Tub was damaged and they had a mat inside of it and it slipped when I entered and I bruised my leg - so be careful. Rooms were big and clean as far as I could tell (blanket, bedspread?). The staff was great. Breakfast was normal/fine for this type of hotel. It would be so much better with an update.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank astle
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear astle,

Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate them. We are currently updating the bedding in our rooms, and I’m sorry that you didn’t get to see them this visit. We also have installed new flat screen TV’s in most of our of sleeping rooms and hope to have the rest competed soon. If your travels ever bring you to Klamath Falls, please stop by I would love to show you what updates we have done!