“Great room, bad breakfast”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great king suite, clean, but slightly noisy as we were by the elevator. The free breakfast was terrible, and if we stayed again we would get breakfast somewhere else. The staff was friendly and helpful. Way better than the suite we got in Weed, CA., and cheaper, too. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevator and lobby.
1  Thank Joel7127
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we appreciate your comments. I will discuss your review with our breakfast staff, everyone should come away with a great breakfast, I’m sorry you did not! We hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Until this place is remodeled and fully staffed will not stay again. We arrived on Sunday afternoon and there was only one person at the front desk. She was helpful and a good worker but we had to wait in a long line. They still have metal keys and they had to make other one for our room. The key they made did not work. The air conditioning in the room did not work and would cut off every half hour. We didn't want to wake our grandchildren and move to another room in the middle of the night, so we said nothing. The next morning the breakfast was staff working hard but could not keep up with the amount of people. There was a wait for some items and some items ran out.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 111.
1  Thank michaelI7768GQ
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience, I appreciate it and I will use your review as a learning tool with our staff. We strive to give excellent service to all of our guests and I’m sorry we failed with you. I have addressed the staffing issues and I can say that we will always have the staff to take care of our guests in a timely manner. Thank you again and we hope that you will give us another try if your travels bring you to Klamath Falls in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location and great staff who were grossly understaffed and worked really hard to overcome situations that were the responsibility of management.
1. Only 1 employee on the registration desk on a Friday after the hotel had been full on Thursday.
2. Rooms were not ready.
3. Had to ask for a replacement for the shower head - almost totally occluded!
4. Slim allotment of towels.
5. No direction for the TV's. Old dated tv,s.
6. Only 1 employee at the bar that was very busy on a Friday night. The executive chef tried his best to help her.
7. We stayed here about 6 years ago and could not believe how management had let this great location slide.

What has happened to the Shilo Inns???

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank wadman9023

Thank you for letting me know about the issues you encountered during your stay, I appreciate it! I’m so sorry that we were understaffed at check in. We should always have enough staff on duty to take care of all of our guests needs and I apologize that we did not during your stay. I have addressed these issues with our staff and I hope you give us another try so we can show you the Affordable Excellence that we are known for.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was very happy with our recent stay at the Shilo Inn Suites in Klammath Falls, OR. I had 2 adults and 3 children in my party. The staff was great with providing a cot for our 5th person. The room was very clean and bright. We went swimming at the indoor pool and it was also very clean. I was equally impressed with the continental breakfast. Lots to choose from. None of us left hungry. I will highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting such nice things about out lovely hotel, we appreciate them. It’s nice to hear that everyone enjoyed their time with us! Please stop and see us again if you are ever in Klamath Falls, we look forward to it.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a well situated hotel. Staff are welcoming and friendly. We had a large room with all facilities ( one strange thing is that the bathroom didn't have a handbasin - it was situated just outside the door in the lobby area) Our room had a lovely view. It was very quiet and we were very pleased to have a window that opened as the heating control was not great. There was a good choice of food for breakfast.

Room Tip: Room 322 was quiet and had distant views of the lake and hills
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine E

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your stay, we appreciate it. We are glad to hear that your visit was enjoyable and quiet. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Southern Oregon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

....a big clean room with kitchen facilities, friendly and helpful staff, a gorgeous view, lots of amenities including a restaurant coupon and free drinks, a wonderful more-than-continental breakfast, good wi-fi, free shuttle from the airport in the middle of the night, and AWESOME places to go, like Crater Lake and the Lava Beds. (But you HAVE to have a car!) We also liked having a bike trail right across the street which led to the Main St. downtown area with restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake! (Not the parking lot.)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Janet S
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you so much for posting so many nice things about our lovely hotel, we appreciate it. It’s so nice to know that you were able to experience everything here at our hotel and in the area. We have so many wonderful things within driving distance and it’s great to hear that you were able to visit them. We sure hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Klamath Falls, we will see you again!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I would not return for the following reasons: 1. Very poor WIFI. I had to go to lobby to send an email. Frustrating! 2. Treadmill out of order. 3. A previous guest nail clippings on room floor in front of recliner.

Good location and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Request room with strong WIFI signal.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank USFDon

We appreciate you posting your comments about your stay, though I am very concerned about the issues that you experience. I’m not sure what the issue was with the WIFI, but I am working with our IT department to clear up anything that might have had it running poorly. Unfortunately our treadmill is down, but we do have one on order. I am so sorry about the cleanliness of your room. This is not common practice and I have addressed it with our housekeeping staff. I would love for you to give us another try if your travels bring you back to Klamath Falls, so you can experience the friendliness and cleanliness we are known for.