“OK Stop over”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed for one night as a convenient stop over on a road trip. I suspect that this is probably the main business for this hotel.

Hotel was easy to find, being just off the main road but there is nothing of any real interest in the immediate area.

Hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable. Food in the restaurant was ok and not too expensive. Service was good. The bar was somewhat disorganised but I think it had only just been moved to its current location. Main problem was the early closing time, especially as there was a graduation party in who were obviously in the mood for spending. Hotel was quiet despite said party. Breakfast was decidedly average but welcome nonetheless.

I would recommend this hotel for a stop over and would gladly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you so much for letting everyone know about your experience at our lovely hotel, we appreciate it! We would love to see you again if your travels bring you back to Klamath Falls!

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Klamath Falls

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked one night here, then added another night, but because of problems with their online booking (took me three times--kept giving me the date: 12/31/69), I made the second reservation separately to avoid losing the first night's reservation in the process. This was the 4th of July weekend, and the rate was raised almost $50 above their regular rate.
I was in my room the second day getting ready to go to Crater Lake. I got a knock at my door and opened it to find two big burley men standing there. They told me, very firmly, "Get your things and vacate the hotel! This room is reserved for someone else!"
I was stunned and scared! I didn't understand at first who they were or what the problem was. I then saw their "Shilo" shirts, and thought they must be security guards. I told them I had a reservation for that night and pulled the printed reservation form out of my bag. They still acted like I was a squatter or something and told me to go downstairs to talk to the front desk. I raced down there (and wondered if they went into my room), and showed my reservation form to the front desk employees. I said that I had explained my reservation issue when I first checked in, had shown this confirmation form to the clerk then and she had double-checked it on her computer. I was told then that everything was fine.
The clerks told me that they have a communication problem with the night desk. I was thinking that a simple check on the computer or a note left explaining the situation would have kept this from happening. When it was resolved, I saw one of the men in the lobby and he asked if it was taken care of. I said, "Yes," but he didn't even apologize to me! He just said, "OK," and looked at me as if to say, "Well, we'll let you stay, then." I saw the other man up near my room and he did practically the same thing. There was no, "Sorry for the inconvenience," or any type of acknowledgement of their wrongdoing.
I never made it to Crater Lake. I was so shaken and upset that I spent the rest of the afternoon in my room. Some 4th of July!
The worst part is, I have stayed at that hotel five times since last October, with each stay being almost a week. I thought the staff might recognize me or at least give me some credit for being a good, upstanding type of person (I am a woman in my 50s, dressed well and quiet and clean in my room every time). In all, I figured out I have spent about $2,500 on this hotel since I started staying there seven years ago.
But even without that history, I still NEVER should have been treated with intimidation and bullying tactics. No guest should.
This is otherwise a very nice hotel. That's what kept me coming back. But as classy as it looks, those two staff members are decidedly unclassy.
Not only will I never stay there again, but I am afraid of this place! From here on out, I will stay at the Best Western Olympic Inn, which is top-notch and doesn't employ goons like these.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank KathyPatten
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were pleased with our top floor room with lake view. It had been updated and was very spacious and clean. Traveling with our granddaughter, we took her to the pool and it was clean as was the spa (which was plenty hot). Guess our timing was good--no wait to check in on a Sunday. We thought the breakfast buffet was fine, served in an attractive manner and plenty of seating. Did not hear noise from adjacent rooms or from the hallway which was appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the rooms clean and the staff pleasant. We are working on upgrades to the hotel and hope that you will come back and see us again as we continue in the upgrading process. – Veronica Gaynor, GM

Reviewed 4 July 2014

2 years ago I thought that this hotel was pretty awesome. This year I was somewhat disappointed. I booked two rooms (one for me and my husband, one for my daughter and her family). Upon check in we asked if there were 2 rooms close together. We were told there was not. That was fine, except that room #1 was occupied and room #2 had torn up carpet and a funny smell. The front desk clerk apologized and gave us 2 rooms on the 3rd floor - right across from each other. I will say that the 3rd floor rooms were great, nice carpet, clean and smelled just fine! My husband and I were looking forward to using the pool area and were disappointed to find that the hot tub was warm, not hot, the dry sauna was warm, not hot, and the steam room was out of order. I would like to stay here again, and I really think that these are fairly simple things to fix, so I hope that the management team can make it happen!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor rooms are better than the 2nd floor rooms.
2  Thank libralisa

Thank you for letting us know about the issues with your stay, I appreciate it. I have used your comments as a learning tool for my staff and we are working on correcting all of the items you brought up. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Klamath Falls, you will give us another try so we can give you the ‘Affordable Excellence’ all of our guests deserve.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

first time with shilo chain. usually stay at comfort inn chain. stayed here because they offered shuttle service to and from Amtrak station. was very pleasantly surprised. the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. staff was very friendly and helpful. they provided shuttle service to the rent a car dropoff location. and picked us up at Amtrak station late at night. wonderful service. breakfast was not very good as compared to comfort inn. still a great hotel and we will stay in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Klamath Falls, we appreciate your business! I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations. We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

King bed room has a very large separate sitting area with fridge and microwave. Surprisingly roomy, updated and clean! Rooms on the back of the building have view of Klamath Lake! Saw long lines at the desk, but thankfully was never in them.

1  Thank Anne W

Thank you for your review, we appreciate when our guests let others know how their stay was. We hope we will see you again if your travels bring you back to Klamath Falls.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great king suite, clean, but slightly noisy as we were by the elevator. The free breakfast was terrible, and if we stayed again we would get breakfast somewhere else. The staff was friendly and helpful. Way better than the suite we got in Weed, CA., and cheaper, too. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevator and lobby.
1  Thank Joel7127

Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we appreciate your comments. I will discuss your review with our breakfast staff, everyone should come away with a great breakfast, I’m sorry you did not! We hope to see you again!