“Paddle Boarding Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Roe Outfitters

Roe Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your Southern Oregon adventure specialists! Fly-fishing for Giant Rainbows on the Klamath, Williamson, Wood and Rogue Rivers. Stand Up Paddle Board and Kayak tours/rentals on calm water lakes and rivers. Scenic tours, hiking trips and fishing trips to Crater Lake National Park. Guided duck and goose hunting on private ranches. Full service Klamath Falls Fly Shop Southern Oregon has many wonderful adventures and we love to share them with you!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Paddle Boarding Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Roe outfitter has recently added the use of paddle boards to their already excellent selection of outdoor activities. At first I was hesitant about paddle boarding because I have horrible balance. In the end I absolutely loved it! It is a fun and easy family activity, a unique change from the other outdoor activities. It's a great and inexpensive way to get active and enjoy the beautiful outdoors of Oregon. I would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a fun family outing!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank HaydeyLady

Salinas, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had a great time; the staff was all so helpful and fun.
Want to say that Rose, Logan and Brandon had been great.
We will defiantly return for another trip this time full day.
Thank-You all ...

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nichole - Eric M
Mirror Lake, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding fly fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I fished two rivers with Darren; the Keno Section of the Klamath and the Williamson, and it was a highlight of our life to be able to access those wonderful fisheries. Darren is an expert guide; he knows the water like the back of his hand and when we followed his instructions we were well rewarded...lots of big wild rainbows. We also had the fun of shooting some rapids as an added dividend, always knowing that Darren would handle the raft expertly. And we loved the scarcity of other fishermen; so many places have lots of good fish, but also lots of rods. We felt like we were the only ones in this beautiful remote location. My husband and I are in our 80s, but if God is willing we'll be back to the Roe Outfitters.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Winifred O
Lake Oswego, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sage Rat Hunting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I recently completed my 3rd year of "Sage Rat" (Belding Ground Squirrel) hunting with Darren Roe of Roe Outfitters in Klamath Falls, OR. We had the experience of a lifetime getting into a field that had never been hunted. In the first two hours of our hunt I alone went through 300 rounds of ammunition, missing only a hand full of "Rats" in this Southern Oregon Varmint Extermination Area. Darren and his wife Jennifer are always very friendly and helpful in getting our trip planned and will even set up lodging for you. Darren also has really good equipment. Hunting is from a trailered double decker shooting platform with outrigger stabilizers. There are two positions on both levels. The platforms can be removed from the trailer and placed on the ground as well for more variable shooting positions. But there is no hiding in the grass for the Sage Rats from the elevated trailer. Bring your own weapons (all of them for more fun), plenty of ammunition and a lunch, Darren provides the logistics and expertise. I had two of my young grandsons with me, one was his very first hunting trip. Darren was very helpful in giving the youngest boy plenty of help freeing me up to do lots of shooting and provided a safe hunt that was fantastic. I recommend this guides service for plenty of shooting fun. We already have next years trip set up.

Visited May 2013
6 Thank Donald G
Oregon
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Safe & knowledgeable guides -Trout fishing success ...consistently!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

My husband has fished the Klamath River (below Keno Dam) several times with Roe Outfitters. Darren is the only guide offering this stretch of the Klamath, and it's a technically difficult stretch to drift - lots of whitewater with big boulders.

Roe is very adept at safely negotiating the river while getting my husband in the right spots to catch nice rainbow trout. His knowledge of the bug hatches and good selection of flies from their shop always produce a successful trip.

Darren's patience and generous sharing of knowledge is impressive. We have never had problems or 'attitude' with ANY of the staff from Roe's. Jenifer's always helpful in scheduling to my husband's convenience and everyone I've met there has been capable, positive and polite.

My husband has referred several fishing friends to this outfit (which he wouldn't do if they weren't good) - so far everyone's been impressed. They also like the fact they get a FULL day of fishing - no shortcuts / no shortcomings.

Visited November 2012