“Cool :)”

Basin Martini Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 158 Restaurants in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Medford, Oregon
“Cool :)”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The drinks are so GOOD! THe atmosphere is classy and relaxing. IT was nice and clean. We were there for a girls night and we all tried something different. The spicy O was probably my favorite but I really enjoyed every single martini that I tried here, the service was great and friendly. When we went there all the tables were reserved so there was only seating room at the bar. The appetizers were kinda weird, didn't really gel with me for the price and the nachos were not nacho like enough for me (and no i didn't expect circle K nachos :P). I felt like the appetizers tried to hard be fancy and missed the mark. Over all the place was cool and I look forward to visiting again sometime.

• Visited January 2014

Portland, Oregon
“great little bar”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

It has been awhile since I tried BMB. I went a few times after they first opened but things were just so-so but I'm not sure what happened but it was great. We found ourselves with some time to spare before the babysitter had to go home. We walked in and the place was hopping, drinks were delicious and food was pretty darn good.
We finally found an empty booth. Sat down and our server quickly approached with menus.I got a mojito and hubby got a spicy-o. Both were delivered quickly. We ordered a few appetizers. They were also delivered quickly.
The spinach artichoke dip was ok. It was good but I would have hoped for something a little creamier, more cheese and more artichoke.
Cannot wait for another date night and the BMB to try more.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank foodie4evr
United Arab Emirates
“Great Bar, Bad Night to Go”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We went on a Saturday night at 7.30 to celebrate a friends birthday.

I arrived first and had to walk the entire length of the business to get someone to acknowledge me. There were 3 people working, 4 tables, and me. I asked the waitress, who walked past me twice, if I needed to seat myself. She huffed, "I will be right back!"
I thought,
"If four tables ,at 7.30 on a Saturday, has you in the weeds- you are in the wrong business, sweetheart."

The evening took a mild upswing from there. The drinks were good, the "Big Plates" were tapa sized, and the scallops were tiny, itty, bitty bay scallops. That was a surprise for the price.
The server was wise enough to take back one of the worst tasting mojitos I had ever endured that I ordered on his assistance. I knew better than to order anything with the words "Blood orange" in the title. I mean, this is po'dunk SW Oregon in January. Blood Oranges are not a staple unless it is in syrup form.

The wine list was good, the regular mojito was a bit cloying but drinkable, and the Caketinis were lovely. A cool take on a White Russian with cake sprinkles to top it off. Very nice presentation.

The evening ended with the place getting over run by people from the Fireman's Ball (I know, right! I always thought that was just a joke!) Then the lovely little Martini Bar descended into a tailgate party for a frat house and a lot of broads wearing dress barn.
At one point a fireman came and put on hand on our table, another on the table next to ours and SWUNG his legs up onto our table with his feet resting smartly in front of our friend, the birthday girl.

Classy KFalls is not, people, but the Martini Bar is a nice reprieve.

• Visited January 2014
Salem, Oregon
“You need to try this place out!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a martini and were very pleasantly surprised. Some one has done their homework when setting this place up. It has great seating, private, very well decorated. The drinks and food were spot on. We will be back. A great find in Klamath Falls!

Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Nice dinner in K Falls”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We took our son, a student at OIT, here for a late-night dinner. He had just turned 21 and we were itching to get him to a real bar with a nice atmosphere. You have to realize, Klamath Falls is mostly a cowboy town, so when we found this place, it was like, ta-da! The atmosphere is eclectic, intimate and upscale. We ordered several tapas (chicken satay, lettuce wraps, the cheese, salami and bread plate, and mac and cheese. At first they brought us a bruschetta, and we were eating it, thinking this is good, but is this right? Then they realized they had brought us the wrong appetizer, and they comped it for us.

All tapas were outstanding. My son had to take home his mac and cheese, it was so good and rich, but too filling! I would especially recommend the lettuce wraps and chicken satay. My son had a pomegranate martini, my husband a regular vodka martini, and I had a Tom Collins. Amazing, generous drinks.

This is the place to go if you want a quiet, elegant, sophisticated meal with great drinks. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013