Rocky Point Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Good 3.5/5
Running Y Ranch Resort(Klamath Falls)
Very Good 4/5
A-1 Budget Motel(Klamath Falls)
Good 3.5/5
Super 8 Klamath Falls(Klamath Falls)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Maverick Motel(Klamath Falls)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsodd fellowsklamath lakewildlife refugebath housecanoefishingrvpaddling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We live in Medford, OR and we enjoy going to Rocky Point resort for the remote feel of the area. Fishing is always good. Camping is one of the best places I have camped in Oregon. I don't normally like campgrounds just because of the noisy rude people that usually frequent campgrounds. But I have to say this place is a piece of heaven. My husband and I have spent several weekends here, both in tents and our travel trailer. Showers and bathrooms are clean and large. The restaurant food is very good. As with us when we go camping we don't expect to have our meals cooked anywhere but our camp. But a nice break is always appreciated when we eat at the resort. If you are looking for a fancy place to eat and a huge campground with lots of RV'ers - this is not the place for you. If you want a remote area to spend time next to the water....this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bllsmoonlite
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Recent ownership change in 2010 brought in a new "camp host". Sue Newton lives there and is acting manager. She is terrifically unfriendly. Sans Sue - this property is excellent, clean and quiet. I have been to Rocky Point five times for Duck Hunting. I am a creature of habit and could have been a life-long customer. My tenure lasted five visits. My 2010 & 2011 visits were marked by decidedly unfriendly encounters with Sue. When I shared my frustration with her lack of courtesy toward her customers, she went on the defensive and accused me of being frustrated because told me to chain up my dog. I don't have a dog. Not knowing me she thought I was a part of an entirely different group. Incredibly, I told her "THIS" was attitude was the reason I was frustrated. She did not apologize for the accusation. When I checked out in the morning she did not thank me for staying. Awkward lady.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank James B
Reviewed 7 October 2011

August 2011
The website pictures are 'accurate' but they do not convey the real nature of this place. This "resort" is a glorified fishing camp primarily focused on RVs and tent sites. It is possible to rent a boat but that is about it. Nobody swims in the lake because of the algae. There is a small, minimally equipped store in the office.

Fishing is supposed to be very good. This area is along a major bird migration path. Best viewing is in the spring when the marsh grasses are still low.

There is a restaurant on the property but it is not open for breakfast or lunch except on weekends. Dinner is available except Monday and Tuesday. The food is good and prices are comparable to restaurants in Klamath Falls.

Anyone staying at this location should be prepared to cook most of their own meals or travel about 8 miles to the Lake of the Woods Resort for 7 day restaurant service (3 meal) and lake swimming.

There are 6 motel style units with a comfortable bed. The sign said to put used towels outside the door and staff would replace them with fresh towels. It was fortunate we only put a hand towel by the door because they took it away and did not provide a replacement.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple