“Welcoming and friendly”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Welcoming and friendly”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The owners of this motel were very welcoming. The property came recommended from the Visitors Centre and I was not disappointed. A wonderful welcome package of bottled water and snacks greeted me upon my arrival in my room. Great amenities like the microwave and refrigerator were very appreciated and a selection of breakfast items were available in the morning including fresh fruit. As a traveling diabetic, this was a wonderful way to greet the morning. The location is very central and close to the downtown area, movie theatres and fuel stations.

I can't comment enough on the friendly hospitality offered and the rooms were stocked for any business traveler's needs. Generous space in the rooms, freshly painted...there is attention paid to make this older property modern. The parking lot was being refinished the morning I checked out and ample notice was given when I checked in.

The Maverick Motel is located in a great place in southern Oregon, close to fishing, Crater Lake and Ashland - all mere day trips away. I look forward to returning to the area again to stay for a longer time to take advantage of the sights and activities.

Room Tip: The double room with two queens was very spacious, so if you have equipment (fishing gear, luggage e...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ingrid K
Raj P, General Manager at Maverick Motel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
The first thing we do each morning as a service team is check out and review our reviews. What a way for us to start the day....that is by reading what you wrote about what we offer the public and the manner in which we serve....our greatest asset....our clientele. Please revisit us time and time again and feel free to introduce yourself so that we may thank you in person.

Raj Patel, MBA, CHA, CHO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here and were both very happy here. Room was clean, comfortable, roomy enough, comfy bed. We both got a good night's sleep, and the motel was quiet at night. It is located next to the main street which has lots of restaurants and little shops within walking distance. The staff was very friendly, kind and helpful. They gave us a ride to the airport and gave us helpful suggestions for all that we needed. It was a great price and we would definitely stay here again. It would be our first choice when we come back to Klamath Falls.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Clayton, Idaho
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was skeptical because of the low rate of $39. but was so please with how CLEAN the room was! everything was fresh crisp & if you did the white glove treatment I doubt you would find a speck of dirt anywhere, cleanest room we have possibly stayed in!!! & the gift basket was a nice surprise! we usually stay at Laquinta, best western & chain motels & none have ever been as clean as this place...HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MAVERIK IN KFALLS!!!

Room Tip: #132 is as clean as they can get!

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 26 June 2013

When I first saw the price for this motel ($58/night, for our stay: three adults), I was wary. I checked out on-line reviews for the place, though, and decided that it sounded like it was worth a go.

We arrived rather later than we normally do on road trips (around 7:00 p.m.), due to having decided to spend a couple of hours at the Newberry Caldera two hours north. Even so, our reservations were in order, and we had no trouble checking in.

I was a bit worried when I heard the loud music coming from the restaurant next door but was assured by the desk clerk that it would stop before 10:00 (and that turned out to be the case). Restaurant patrons had also taken up a fair bit of the motel parking lot, but the clerk told me that there was plenty of parking behind the motel (there was) and that we could move our car around to the front later if we wanted (as it turned out, we were able to park in front right away).

That's an interesting feature of this motel's layout...it has rooms facing both the back and the front but all are entered from the front (back-facing rooms are accessed via miniature hallways)

Our room was a generously sized double on the second floor (#242). It was spotlessly clean, and had several nice features, including the oft-mentioned basket of goodies on the nightstand (two bottle of water, a package of cookies, a Rice Krispy Treat, and two granola bars), a seating area with a couch, a mini-fridge and microwave, and lots of electrical outlets. Some of the fixtures were a bit care-worn (it is an older property), but everything looked and smelled very clean.

We had plenty of places to plug in our various electronic devices (two laptops, an iPad, and three iPhones), and the Wi-Fi worked great (the motel website doesn't mention that it has free Wi-Fi, but it does). The flat-screen TV worked well, and got plenty of channels.

A few things I especially liked about the bathroom: 1) the showerhead was set high, which would make it much more comfortable for taller visitors, 2) the shower heated up quickly and got good pressure, and 3) there was a trash can next to the toilet (if you don't understand why this is a plus, you must be male. Trust me...it's a plus).

The motel is centrally located, which is nice if you want to go look for a place to eat. We arrived so late (and were so tired) that we were thrilled that both Domino's and Pizza Hut deliver there.

By the way, the beds are EXTREMELY comfortable! Trust me on this...I'm picky, and I hadn't had a good night's sleep in a week. I really appreciated them.

We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast (which consisted of pastries, instant oatmeal, some fruit, coffee and tea, and fruit juice), but it is available.

My only "thumbs down" was for the temperature on the shower. My husband, who showered first, had no problem. I got into the shower and had no problem for the first several minutes, but then the water suddenly became very cold. It warmed up again after about 10 seconds, and I stepped back under the stream, but a few minutes later it got cold again and stayed cold. I'm not sure what the deal is. I did mention it to the desk clerk, and apparently it becoming temporarily cold is a known issue, but it staying cold is not. The motel seems to be very well-run, and I assume this issue is going to be checked out and addressed (especially as I've seen no other mention of it), but I do think it needed to be mentioned.

One thing I do have to commend the staff for, even though it didn't affect me directly: When we arrived, a family was checking in that included a member who relied on a walker. They had been registered for a second-floor room, and there was no elevator. The clerk really went above and beyond to change their reservation to get them into a ground-floor room. I've been places where the staff was less than accommodating about such things, and I want to commend the young lady who was working the desk that night for really working to provide for a guest's needs.

In general, I think it was a very good experience for the price, and I will look into staying here again should I find myself passing through Klamath Falls.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have mobility issues, request a ground-floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your visit and subsequent wonderful praise. Feedback, especially from such well-spoken customers like you, is not only invaluable to those researching businesses like ours, but is also important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback with us. Thanks again.

PHOENIX
Reviewed 26 June 2013

A very surprising reward for 2 tired travelers!
Clean, well appointed rooms, that are spacious. Small welcoming features like FREE water, munchies, lots of towels, and beds that don't beat you up. The bathroom had no evidence of left over hair or science project fungus growing anywhere.
Plenty of lighting options (that work) and WiFi!
A newer flat screen HD TV, as well as a working remote.
My Non-smoking room was actually smoke free, not just sprayed with room freshener.

The staff were helpful understanding and extremely professional.
I have been too Much More expensively priced places that should do an internship here!!!
Customer service and value is practiced here.

Green Features: They have standard light, and recycling available for all to use.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

The room was cheap. We should have known better.

We walk into the room, and it's very large: two queen beds, a desk, large TV stand, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee table. Seemed clean. We pulled back the sheets and there was a large yellow stain on the bottom sheet. Not sure what it was... The wash rags smelled like fish...

I know everyone on here hasbeen raving about the "gift basket" in the rooms. It was a nice jester: two water bottles, three granola bars. The water had been opened prior to our arrival, so we disregarded the basket.

There is no insulation between rooms. I could hear our neighbors' conversations from my room, as well as their TV (not sure what they were watching, but it had lots of screams).

We could hear people walking around upstairs. Creaky floors,etc.

The plumbing in our room was not functioning properly. When we entered the room, the stool contained feces that had not been flushed. We would flush it and it would come back up a few minutes later...

The rooms in our hall were non-smoking, so our neighbors would step right outside their room to smoke, and the smoke drifted under the inch crack under our door into our room, which irritated my asthma.

Speaking of neighbors, ours had a trashcan sitting outside their room that contained a dirty diaper. Their child screamed for much of the evening.

The beds were uncomfortable (they rolled to the center). Make sure you don't sit on the corner - it gives way. My father sat on the corner to put on his shoes, and nearly fell to the floor (thankfully we caught him).

The location is probably the worst part. There is an airfield/base somewhere near, and FIGHTER JETS WERE FLYING AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT. So loud. Additionally, there is a bar next door and an abandoned warehouse house across the street where groups of kids seemed to congregate at.

We booked the motel based on ratings from this site, and we usually have good luck. Not this time. Some of the problems were not the motel's fault. Others, though, were. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank WanderingAdventures
Raj P, General Manager at Maverick Motel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
I would first like to apologize for each of the issues you mentioned in your Tripadvisor review and I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to do so. With each of the items you listed I can understand your extreme frustration with your stay and I am embarrassed to hear about them. This is not the expectations set forth by our management group and I am sorry they occurred during your stay.

Again, I apologize for all of the inconveniences. I hope that you will come back and visit us again so we can really show you what all of our hard work has done.

Raj Patel, CHA
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I found my stay at the Maverick to be most enjoyable.Price wise,the value is tremendous.The staff is very accomodating and professional in their approach to how they treat their guests.Its a pretty central location to most everything in Klamath Falls and the rooms are kept in very good condition.When I return to Klamath Falls,the Maverick will most definitely be a hotel I will want to stay at.