“in every way a delightful place to stay”
Review of Golden West Motel

Golden West Motel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Portland, Oregon
“in every way a delightful place to stay”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I went to Klamath Falls for the Western States Regional Sheep Dog Trials In Sept 2013. I'd never been to KF before so had no idea where to stay other than insight from reviews. I am SOOOO glad I was able to stay at the Golden West. The proprietors were over the top wonderful: very welcoming, friendly, eager to accommodate, professional, interesting, well-traveled - just delightful people. They know how to run their business, and they seem to really enjoy it, and it shows. The Golden West Motel is toward the southern end of town, which is the one thing I had reservations about before I arrived. But in every way, I'm so glad I chose the Golden West even though it's about a 7 minute or so drive to the heart of downtown Klamath Falls. The whole place has a charm about it and my room was also charming and cozy. Just delightful.

Room Tip: Stick to the main group of rooms which face both the gravel driveway and a huge expanse of well-car...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CielPortland_Oregon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were greeted at the office by the owners, Vincent and Luisa, and their dog, Francesca. They were warm, helpful, and treated us like family. The room was sparkling clean. They absolutely live up to what they say on the website: "We treat the rooms as an extension of our home and try to provide a "home away from home" for our customers. We are a simple facility and focus on clean. We maintain (clean) the rooms ourselves to make sure that our rooms are always immaculately clean." They also recommended a great local pizza place! If you are stopping in Klamath Falls, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: We had the room closest to the house, and they gave us their HOME internet password! We didn't...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a late review because of lost receipt. I arrived on my motorcycle 08/21/13 at 9:15 P.M. very tired because of a storm. I had difficulty parking my motorcycle and the owner spotted me and gave me a parking spot in his garage (can you believe that in this day and age!). Quite clean motel and a bargain. What nice folks own this place! Will return on my next road trip.

IF YOU HAVE A MOTORCYCLE GO UP THE SMALL RISE AND PARK NEXT TO THE LARGE TREE ON THE LEFT OF THE DRIVEWAY.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Camas, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Rated highly by the Trip Advisor followers, we gave it a try last night. High point was meeting Louisa, who runs the place. She is vivacious and engaging. Comes from Italy and its easy to see as she will discuss any topics with hands a buzz. The place is pretty spartan. However, it includes comfortable beds and a clean room. It is not spacious, or modern like a BW, or any of its competitors. But it is definitely a travelers oasis and the price is unbeatable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lawrence T
Seattle
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is an older motel, but it's been lovingly cared for. The proprietors have gone to a great deal of time and effort to make this the best place to stay in Klamath Falls.

It was spotlessly clean. The bed was perfect, comfortable and had 'only' four pillows. Why so many motels put in six or eight pillows is beyond me...all I need is one! I've seldom stayed in a 'town' motel that was this quiet. Despite the fact that it is on a main road, I heard no road noise at all. The sound proofing was exceptional, in that I couldn't hear my neighbor's activities. The hosts were solicitous and accomodating.
I wish there had a been a real thermostat in order to adjust the heat in the room. The heating unit was effective and put out plenty of warmth, but I found the lack of numbers on it a little confusing.

I highly recommend the Golden West and will probably stay there again someday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SeattleMeadowlark
Israel, Jerusalem
Reviewed 29 January 2014

this small moms and pops motel is truly a hidden gem! I am not sure what happened to the one contributor who had an issue there but out staying was great. we knew we're going to arrive late at night, coming from lassen. we called from the way, and the owner was so nice and waited for us. the room was just what we needed after a long day- a clean and comfortable bed and clean shower. it's right on 6 st., which is kind of the main road so coffee and pastry for the morning weren't a problem and also living town to crate lake in the morning was easy. we had the order done through Expedia and had a mix up a week later that we were charged again for the same stay but the owner called us because he remembered our names and told us to check with Expedia what's going on and of course canceled the extra order with no charge.make sure to have some anti mosquito cream or whatever because the Klamath falls area is full of them, but the room of course has a mosquito net on the window. I recommend highly on staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank amiroi
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Owner was very nice when we first met..rooms we clean very old but clean so that was good.. we told the owner that we had to be in medford by 1:00 and that we would be at the office earley the next mornin to get our deposit..went to get our deposit the next day and the owner was gone he had left tried callin and callin and callin left message s on both motel and cell phone COULD NOT get a hold of him..finnaly had to call the sheriff and make a long story as soon as the cop got a hold of him ...he was there in 10 mins lol ..blew my mind never experienced this by the time we got our deposit it was 12:00..

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business