“5 stars for any that come close to this low pricr!!”
Review of Golden West Motel

Golden West Motel
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Eugene, Oregon
“5 stars for any that come close to this low pricr!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

There are better motels but not at anywhere near this price. Rooms are not large, but are clean & pretty well equipped (e.g. flat screen TV, Internet), and the owners are very friendly and helpful (e.g. knowing we were going birding they got us maps, and they had excellent recommendations re restaurants). I doubt there are better owners despite the only 1 star review/complaint.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 51862Dvh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
Rogue River, Oregon
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I had a terrible case of cabin fever after being stuck at home all winter. We decided that since it was the first weekend of Spring and it was supposed to be nice we were going to Klamath Falls for the weekend. A quick call had a room reserved and when we arrived Luisa met us at our vehicle. She gave us a tour of our room before letting us check in. We had 2 Queen beds and a very very clean and quiet room. We have stayed many places from Big Name hotels to country cabins and the service here is as good as it gets. Like the title says, Luisa feels we are her guests and this is part of her home we are staying in. Whenever we go to Klamath Falls this will be the first place we check for a room. What a wonderful place this is.

Room Tip: When you make reservations tell Luisa what your needs are and she will try her best to get you exact...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 314Fred314
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I went to Klamath Falls for the Western States Regional Sheep Dog Trials In Sept 2013. I'd never been to KF before so had no idea where to stay other than insight from reviews. I am SOOOO glad I was able to stay at the Golden West. The proprietors were over the top wonderful: very welcoming, friendly, eager to accommodate, professional, interesting, well-traveled - just delightful people. They know how to run their business, and they seem to really enjoy it, and it shows. The Golden West Motel is toward the southern end of town, which is the one thing I had reservations about before I arrived. But in every way, I'm so glad I chose the Golden West even though it's about a 7 minute or so drive to the heart of downtown Klamath Falls. The whole place has a charm about it and my room was also charming and cozy. Just delightful.

Room Tip: Stick to the main group of rooms which face both the gravel driveway and a huge expanse of well-car...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CielPortland_Oregon
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were greeted at the office by the owners, Vincent and Luisa, and their dog, Francesca. They were warm, helpful, and treated us like family. The room was sparkling clean. They absolutely live up to what they say on the website: "We treat the rooms as an extension of our home and try to provide a "home away from home" for our customers. We are a simple facility and focus on clean. We maintain (clean) the rooms ourselves to make sure that our rooms are always immaculately clean." They also recommended a great local pizza place! If you are stopping in Klamath Falls, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: We had the room closest to the house, and they gave us their HOME internet password! We didn't...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a late review because of lost receipt. I arrived on my motorcycle 08/21/13 at 9:15 P.M. very tired because of a storm. I had difficulty parking my motorcycle and the owner spotted me and gave me a parking spot in his garage (can you believe that in this day and age!). Quite clean motel and a bargain. What nice folks own this place! Will return on my next road trip.

IF YOU HAVE A MOTORCYCLE GO UP THE SMALL RISE AND PARK NEXT TO THE LARGE TREE ON THE LEFT OF THE DRIVEWAY.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Camas, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Rated highly by the Trip Advisor followers, we gave it a try last night. High point was meeting Louisa, who runs the place. She is vivacious and engaging. Comes from Italy and its easy to see as she will discuss any topics with hands a buzz. The place is pretty spartan. However, it includes comfortable beds and a clean room. It is not spacious, or modern like a BW, or any of its competitors. But it is definitely a travelers oasis and the price is unbeatable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lawrence T
Seattle
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is an older motel, but it's been lovingly cared for. The proprietors have gone to a great deal of time and effort to make this the best place to stay in Klamath Falls.

It was spotlessly clean. The bed was perfect, comfortable and had 'only' four pillows. Why so many motels put in six or eight pillows is beyond me...all I need is one! I've seldom stayed in a 'town' motel that was this quiet. Despite the fact that it is on a main road, I heard no road noise at all. The sound proofing was exceptional, in that I couldn't hear my neighbor's activities. The hosts were solicitous and accomodating.
I wish there had a been a real thermostat in order to adjust the heat in the room. The heating unit was effective and put out plenty of warmth, but I found the lack of numbers on it a little confusing.

I highly recommend the Golden West and will probably stay there again someday.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo