“Great resort! But bummer restaurant.”

WorldMark Running Y
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great resort! But bummer restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

What a fun place to stay! Our room had a beautiful view of the golf area, the fitness center had everything from bike rentals (there are several miles of paved paths,) to exercise equipment, to a children's wading pool, regular pool, hot tub and sanua. There is a spa and hair salon, and a game room. Movies were available at the front desk, and there were books out in the lobby for borrowing so I was very excited that we found this place for our young family!
The only problem we had was regarding food. Our room had a mini fridge, and there are microwaves available on each floor, however we arrived tired and hungry and had hoped to dine on site. The only restaurant on site is a sort of fancy looking place. (The more family oriented restaurant had been closed.) I don't mind spending more money on a meal, but I do not like to take wiggly children into a nice restaurant after sitting still in a car for 5 hours. So as an alternative we drove to the nearest cafe, which was about 10 miles away. At breakfast we tried out the restaurant on site. Unfortunately, it seemed sadly below the level of food one would expect from this nice of a hotel. I was surprised at how unappetizing our breakfast was. The food was served buffet style, but the serving containers were unable to keep the food heated. I also felt that to get potatoes and bacon to become cold and chewy, someone would have had to have made our food a long time before we consumed it. Like hours. Don't let me misrepresent myself: I love food, and I'll eat about anything! But honestly, I was concerned about how long the meat was out at such a low temperature, and our things tasted old. I hope that for the sake of this lovely site the hotel will correct this situation. It was really the only issue we had.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank BahamaGoneMama

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We have been to this resort twice. The first time was over Christmas about ten years ago, the last time just this last March. Funny thing is, it snowed both times. The first was about two feet, and luckily we had our 4x4 so no problem . This last time I thought Mid March, the chance of snow was low. IT was dry and sunny when we drove in. it was white and six inches of snow when we drove out, with no snow tires. careful driving we got back to the dry clear I5.

The rooms at Running Y are like any other WorldMark. Clean and consistent. All the WorldMark rooms look out over a low valley.

My great discovery on this trip was the resort store. I think this is new. It is the typical resort store with over prices staples you should get at Walmart before you arrive. There is over prices wine. Over prices vegetables. etc. But what they do have is their own, grass fed beef. Yes beef from the Running Y ranch and it is all grass fed. If you are not familiar with grass fed beef, let me tell you. Grass fed beef tastes like meat use to taste before factory farms and mass meat processing made meat tasteless. grass fed beef is what you will get typically everywhere else but North America. (Ever wonder why even a McDonald's hamburger in New Zealand tastes good, grass fed beef.) Sure grass fed beef is expensive, but it is so good. So if you have the good fortune to visit the WorldMark Running Y, be sure to stop by the store and get some all natural, absolutely wonderful, expensive, grass fed beef.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GeoffS89
Long Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I rely heavily on TA when planning trips and restaurants, and have become somewhat dependent on it, enjoying letting others know about places we've been. That said, I was disappointed when I could not find any reviews of this property going into this trip. Well.....hopefully this will help some folks. This trip was planned to bring our friends who have a son attending Oregon Tech and is playing for their baseball program. We began our drive from Southern California and broke up the trip at the Clear Lake Worldmark, which we enjoyed much. On to Klamath Falls (5 hours) and we were very pleased with this property as well. It is about 8-10 miles outside of town, with grocery shopping only taking about 15 minutes to drive to, other than the small store here at the Running Y complex. This is a very unique Worldmark as all the buildings are inter-mingled among many other residences in the development. It looks as though Worldmark may have purchased some of the buildings from other developers (the chalet units), or built their buildings around other residences. Our unit was about 4 streets up from the "village" where check in and the grocery store are. There is a common building housing the indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, game room, gym, spa gift shop etc. Looks like all the home owners in the entire development use this building as well. You can get a lock at the front desk (turn in room key) for a locker, we really enjoyed using all the amenities there. Be advised it is an "alcohol free zone" and you can't go in there even carrying a plastic glass. Only water is allowed. There is a very nice patio with many loungers overlooking the golf course if you want to sunbathe with cocktails. Our unit was a two bedroom upstairs overlooking the forest and golf course, beautiful large unit.....with jetted tub and nice balcony with barbeque. It was our home for 5 nights. We were very impressed with this property, took day trips to Crater Lake (1.5 hours away) and Medford/ Ashland (2 hours away).....do take a drive to Ashland as it is a wonderful small town with much to offer (Shakespear festival). We will return, very nice. The only thing Worldmark needs to improve with all their properties is the bedding.....beds are great, but pillows and "old fashoned" bedspreads are pretty bad.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends