“Fun place to stay with cute clean cabins” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lake of the Woods Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Klamath Falls
Lake of the Woods Resort
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Klamath Falls
bend oregon
“Fun place to stay with cute clean cabins”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have stayed at the Lake of the Woods 3 times now and I am always pleased with my visit. We stayed in a 1 bedroom cabin this time and were quite comfortable. The lake is clean and nice for swimming. My kids like swimming to the raft at the beach area. The 2 days go by quickly. We use the fire pits to roast dogs. My only beef is for $240 a night you would think they could strip your linens and take out the trash for you. You have to wash your dishes too which seems a bit unsanitary. Like others have said the staff is very pleasant. I will return again even if I have to clean my cabin afterwards!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I had wanted a place in the woods, on a lake with old fashioned rustic charm, a bit reminiscent of the movie "The Great Outdoors"!! Lake of the Woods exceeded our expectations. This wonderful resort had it all....beautiful scenery, great cabins with lake views (we stayed in #6), very clean with old world charm, a great family restaurant at the Lodge with the best "real" ham and egg breakfast ever (great service by the way!) with a great little bar next door. Take a boat trip, enjoy swimming,fishing, hike the surrounding area, or just relax with a good book on one of the lakeside Adirondack chairs and watch the sun go down across the mountains. What a wonderful, relaxing, wholesome break. Too short this time...we stayed for just 2 nights on our way through but we could have stayed longer and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are lower priced cabins if you a) move away from the lake or b) go with less amenities. #6 di...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I made a short two night, Father's Day, "reconnaissance" visit to Lake Of The Woods, because I had heard good things about it & wanted to confirm before I made an extended commitment.

Although I picked one of the worst weather dates of that month, I was very pleased with my visit. A lot of the cabins have been recently remodeled and, of course, mine was not one of those. But it was still, well maintained, well serviced and rustic enough to strike that "cute, quaint" appeal.

My cabin was the #2 cabin. It has a cool screened porch, with table & chairs that over looks the lake, which is really relaxing in the early morning. The back yard has a picnic table, nice chairs and a permanent & deficient BBQ (bring your own).

However, later in the day, as people start to stir, I believe cabin #2 has the most foot traffic, due to its direct access to the lake...you meet a LOT of strangers :-) I noticed that the #1 cabin, didn't have to be nearly as social.

I didn't eat at either of the eateries. However, I did check them out. Although the "main" restaurant had a good looking menu and some very friendly staff, I preferred the smaller, less formal (don't take the "formal" remark too literally) cafe down at the marina....WAY more "on the lake" feel.....AND their biscuits and gravy smelled GREAT.

That being said, I have to mention my favorite part of the resort. The working staff. These people were genuinely friendly. A huge PLUS in my evaluation. Oddly enough tho, the only "less than cheerful" individual was the general store manager...life is tough at the top, I suppose :-)

Final synopsis....I'll be back....getting a remodeled cabin...and NOT #2 :-) Very nice place.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are in great shape and would make most people happy. The #2 cabin has way more fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lowoffice, Manager at Lake of the Woods Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thanks So much for the feed back on the resort, we are constantly looking at options to improve the cabins and we really value the rustic nature of cabins 1 through 8.
We love hearing suggestions and are very happy your recent experience was as expected.
Discovery Bay, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

This past weekend was the second time we have stayed at LOW, both times in early June. So far we have stayed in cabins 25 and 23, and our friends usually stay in cabin 1, which is right by the lake. The whole experience of checking in, getting things at the marina, eating in the restaurant, were all top notch. Very friendly people and quite welcoming. The water was nice and we went kayaking, walking, bike riding, and spent half a day on a party barge. All experiences were wonderful.

For kids, they had a fishing event in the netted area in the dock, with a variety of sizes of trout, many of which were quite large. My friend's children caught some large ones and they were delicious!

All around, it is a well organized place to go, easy to enjoy, and easily feels comfortable. There is a lot of great hiking around the area as well as bike riding. Just a great place to go and relax and take in the scenery and beautiful sunsets!

Many weekends have live music which is nice, but it wraps up pretty early, so it doesn't keep you awake into the night.

Room Tip: There are a few cabins on the lake that are larger, better for a large group. If you want to escape...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick N
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I live close to Lake of the Woods and find myself spending much time there in the summer months. You can't beat the mix of modern rustic and rustic cabins to choose from with all amenities. Complete with views of the lake, cozy red adirondack chairs and fire pits to roast your evening marsh mellows. If you don't feel like cooking in every meal the restaurant is a step away with great food, a beautiful outdoor deck and a cozy bar with great service. Plenty of things to do for families or anyone including fishing, boating, hiking, bike riding and trail running on the Pacific Crest Trail.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin that has some type of view of the lake, closer to lake and away from RV sites.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lorelei17
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We are in the local area and have loved this place for 30 years, but under the old ownership it was infrequently available and managed poorly. NOW, with new owners, it is fabulous. The lake and all it offers is wonderful. The cabins have a heart warming decor of 40's rustic, with plaid curtains, quilted bedding, woodsy paintings of the era, and bright reds, greens and browns with lots of wood. The plates even have the "woodsy" theme! And the cabiins are spotless. Some cabins are cozier than others so choose what would be comfy for you. The staff is pleasant, eager to assist, accomodating, cheerful! There are biking/hiking trails and even and "Oregon Trail" map book in the room. My only negative is that I would like to see some work on the menu, but it is basic "camp food", except Mother's Day's brunch was better. The bartender is great! The outside music is a little louder than my taste on the weekend, but I just sit further away in my bright red chair and martini! We will go back Memorial Day, and I plan a girl's trip in early Fall. Thanks LOW for contributing to our community!!

Room Tip: You can get a view of the lake if you ask; some have screened porches, some have decks some have bot...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My Wife and I have spent our last four Anniversaries at Lake of the Woods in our special cabin. Great food, service and location. And you have your own private fire pit!
Stephen Edwards

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Klamath Falls
Green Springs Inn
Green Springs Inn
#7 of 19 in Ashland

Been to Lake of the Woods Resort? Share your experiences!