“Who is writing these reviews?”

Oregon Motel 8 & RV Park
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My fiancee and I are getting married in September and moving next weekend, with all the expenses we went for the lowest cost option while in town for a family wedding. I wasn't expecting much and I was disappointed.

Take a second to read the reviews others have left. Now stop and think if you would use the same sort of language and write a glowing review of their "Clean Rooms" and "Prompt Housekeeping." I'm thinking they don't have much to do there but sit and write reviews to boost their ratings...

For my "real person" review check it out. We got there around 11pm and the night manager, who also turns out to be the day manager was cool, happy to see me and check in was easy. We got to our room, just 100 feet from the office and found the room numbers are just pieces of paper taped to the doors, cool, whatever.

We got inside and the place had a funk to it. The wonderful wallpaper that you see in the pictures is curling at the edges and the floors have stains, I didn't even want to touch the bedspreads and of the two beds one had a giant stain on the top blanket, not the comforter, the blanket and the other looked less disgusting so we slept there, with our own blankets...

I had a hard time getting the door to lock, actually I had to lift up on the door to get the deadbolt securely in place. The microwave door wouldn't shut so it served as our nightlight. That is about all it is good for though because it was so filthy I wouldn't have popped popcorn in it.

We woke up to get ready for the wedding and the water pressure was pretty good, shower tile was fine but there was a hefty amount of mold growing in the grout. The towels are so old one of them started to rip in half, they were clean though.

Oh, I almost forgot... the smoke detector which, could come in handy in a place where the electrical is questionable did not have a battery and the door was proudly open showing that it wasn't going to work. I would think that would be illegal, but whatever.

The grounds are decent, and the parking is well lit so you feel safe outside at night. It is easy to get to town, if you're passing through and just need a place to stop for a few hours of sleep it will save you a bunch of money.

To summarize, I wouldn't call this a destination motel however it is what it is and shouldn't pretend to be anything else. It is an old, cheap, Motel. We paid $45 for the night, for a firm bed, shower and place to change our clothes it was a good fit. Just don't expect sparkling showers and gleaming grounds when you pull up...

Room Tip: Don't expect much, you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve1977050

Reviewed 13 April 2011

This hotel just outside of Klamath Falls is fairly solid value if you don't want to spend too much money (I'd really rate the value at 3.5, but I'll round up to 4 for this purpose.) The rooms do show their age a bit but they are fairly roomy.

The staff was friendly enough. If you don't want to drive back downtown, they have a deal with a nearby truck stop nearby with a coupon.

Our bed was on the firm side, so if you're into soft mattresses, you may not find the sleep all that comfortable. Also, since it is on the main highway, noise of cars whooshing by is constant until the early evening.

May have been the time of year and/or the location near the lake, but there were plenty of flying bugs outside around the dusk and dawn.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Isn't very clean, the Indian staff is very friendly, but our room didn't smell good at all, the bed wasn't very comfortable, no breakfast, TV is very old, the hotel in general is old, other than that I don't have anything else to say!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Had a one night stay at this motel in August 2010. Very well priced at $60 for accommodations that included a seperate bedroom, seperate kitchen with a huge fridge, queen bed in the lounge area and 2 TV's. Surprising!!!
Restaurants are a 5 minute drive up the road and there is an adjoining RV park for those who prefer to drive their bedroom around with them.
Simple but more than adequate.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 30 May 2010

This motel has been around for a while. Really nice family runs the place. Wi-fi, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, daily paper. Can you beat the price? We came for a weekend of fishing. Not the Hilton but clean, comfortable. Easy drive to fishing, just outside of town. Bring a fan for white noise if you're a light sleeper, walls are thin. I've paid a lot more for a lot less. This is a great deal.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I was reluctant to stay so far north of town, but the rate was too good to pass up. Check-in was fast and friendly and the manager very helpful. I found the room small, but very clean and nicely appointed. Everything worked in the room, including fast wi-fi and there were very nice homey touches that you wouldn't find in a corporate facility. There's some traffic noise from US 97, but it's not really objectionable. The motel had several itinerant farmers and their families occupying some of the rooms while I was there. Don't let this dissuade you. These are hard working, respectful, law-abiding people. They were very quiet and I felt more at ease around them than places I've stayed with lots of truckers and contractors.

The only negative is the location. It's a three-mile drive into town for any shopping or decent restaurants. Otherwise, this is a diamond in the rough and a great value. A nice departure from the cookie-cutter budget chains.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2009

Planned for a last minute get away with friends for memorial day weekend and found this place on a good deal. though there were individual hotel in Klamath Falls, picked it as we have used in few occasions and know what to expect.

we checked at 2 in the night after a 10 Hrs drive from SF Bay and the check in was smooth. The Comp Breakfast was nothing but corn flakes and Bread. Not Bad - we took some extra servings of corn flakes as there was no bread when we went around 9 AM.

The Beds were comfy and the free wifi was also good. The House keeping was very prompt. The bathrooms are staked with 4 pairs of towels and soap. the Coffee maker in the Rooms was a blessing in the morning..

The overall stay was good - just run of the mill - nothing fancy and in one way it;s good. The location is but far from the city center (~5 miles)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)