“Nice place to stay”
Review of Olympic Inn

Olympic Inn
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

When in Town we all stay here. Nice staff clean rooms rates ok only thing to be aware of is don't leave any valuables in your vehicles. There seems to be a high theft rate there. I personally have had no problems but I know of several people that had things stolen from thier vehicles. I try to park under a street light to be safe.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is a revised review of the Olympic Inn. My first one was scathing, not because of the quality of facilities or service, but because we experienced something surprising and unpleasant while we were there and there was no immediate remedy. Afterwards, we weren’t expecting a remedy, given the nature of our complaint. (I won’t go into detail in case there are extortionists out there who might try to work this to their advantage.)

Since then, however, the management team from the Olympic Inn has really stepped up. They contacted me and offered a completely unexpected solution that satisfies our needs entirely. It’s enough to make me say “Wow!” They obviously care about their guests’ experience and are willing to go “above and beyond” to improve our impressions of them. It ended up being great customer service. They really turned our experience around. Again, wow.

So, with that out of the way, I can also say the Inn was a pleasant place to stop on our trip. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient, and the room was clean and comfortable. The provisions available in the lobby (soup & salad when we checked in, milk & cookies in the late evening, and a full, hot breakfast in the morning) were more than we expected. And the lobby reminded us of a cozy winter cabin in the woods. Overall, this was a very inviting, comfortable place to stay and a good value.

I can’t give them 5 stars, only because I would have greatly preferred not to have our little “hiccup” at all. I’d give them 4.5 stars if I could, because they ultimately handled it quite graciously. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The room was very clean, but the location is on the busy highway. The lobby is packed with taxidermied animals which was unsettling and disturbing. It's like someone's private "trophy" room of dead animals. Although the room was large, I did not like the location of the sinks, immediately to the right upon entering the room. Very standard otherwise as motels go.

Room Tip: Upstairs, facing front, you can catch a glimpse of Mount Shasta
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

One of the nicest BW I have stayed out. The location is very convenient, close to freeway access, restaurants etc. The lobby is very warm and inviting, the staff friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable and had all the amenities needed. Free WIFI is always a plus. The breakfast served in the morning was a full breakfast with a large variety of options, and tasty. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was traveling to Klamath Falls for business and stayed in the Olympic Inn. It has a very homey atmosphere down to the warm soup waiting for you when you get off work to the freshly baked cookies in the evening. The smell wafts up from the reception area and invites you to come get your treat. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The staff is friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was a last minute stay and we were very pleased. The room was very comfortable: TV was a flatscreen LCD; bed was very comfortable; internet was strong and didn't have any problems uploading or downloading; when we arrived it was in the early evening and they were serving complimentary sliders and other evening snacks. Cookies were offered in the lobby later in the evening with milk. I've had better complimentary breakfasts, but I've also had much, much worse. Linens, towels, everything was clean and housekeeping did a great job. I should point out that we stayed at the best Western in LaPine and this was a much more comfortable stay for about 25% less!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Always clean great breakfast very comfortable beds I work for a company that needs me to travel I am able to stay where ever I want and I perfer to stay at best western brand and when I stay in klamath falls I will only stay here as its the best place to stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business