“Good Budget Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“Good Budget Hotel”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

For a budget hotel, it was very good. The room was fine, the beds were comfortable and the mattresses did not sag. The breakfast was more on the average side but getting any breakfast at all was a bonus for us considering the price of the room (~$80). All the staff that helped us were pleasant. If we have one critique, its the pool. We tried to go for a swim in the evening and the entire pool area (even the small covered area) was enveloped by the Klamath Midges. We had NO idea what they were. We spent the rest of the evening searching the internet, learning about them. Interesting creatures but they rendered the pool area useless for us. We wondered why the entire pool wasn't built as an indoor pool to begin with.

1 Thank acadiafan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here over Christmas break. The rooms were remodeled with a modern decor, very excellently done. We had 2 suites close together and both were great. Everything was clean, professional and accomodating. Check in was easy, we got into our rooms quickly and were able to proceed with our family time with out hassle. The staff were all very friendly and professioanl. They recommended local attractions and were knowledgeable and helpful. You can tell that the professionalism of this hotel was not just because we received one good staff member, because we encountered it with all the staff that we dealt with. I stayed at 3 Microtel Hotels within this 2 month time span and this was by far the most excellent I have seen or stayed at.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We were just looking for an inexpensive hotel for a night stay on our return trip home. I knew the room would be small, and it was; but it wasn't uncomfortable. The problem we had was that the room we were given had a bad smell - like a dog had had an accident or someone tracked something in on their shoes. After turning on the fan and leaving the room and coming back a few times, I decided I couldn't stay in the room with that smell. I went to the front desk to request another room and they upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite. Nice. That room was much better - no bad smell. The room was twice as large, with not only the jacuzzi tub but also a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel is nice - well maintained and clean. The hot tub and pool are also a little small, but nice - with good temperatures for each. Breakfast was good, but not great. The standard chain hotel breakfast fare. The bed was comfortable and service was great. I have to sleep with extra pillows for a bad shoulder and the front desk clerk was very helpful with that request. The bowling alley across the street even gives a free game to guests at the hotel! The only reason I didn't give a rating of five was because of the air/fan. I like the fan on constantly at night to block out noise, but I could only either have the fan on constantly or the AC on intermittently. I set the cooler at 60, but it kept shutting off - there's no way my room was 60 degrees.

Room Tip: The location of our room was a little noisy - right next to the door to the pool/spa, and we were on...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Minden, NV
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I booked this hotel via Travelocity as could not find a room at the hotel anywhere else and this was a good room rate. I read the reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor and desired to stay at this hotel alone when in Klamath Falls. The first room I was assigned was a single, reserved through the Senior Rate and had one queen and was extremely tiny, my huband and I could hardly get our luggage into the room. It did not have a refrigerator and we needed one and my Travelocity slip said I had a room with a refrigerator. Went down to the lobby and the man working the front desk, Gary, was very nice and asked that since I needed a refrigerator would I like an upgrade at no cost. Can't pass that one up. We were assigned to a suite a few doors down. It was huge, had a couch, a nice kitchen area with small refrig. and microwave and coffee maker. Queen bed, flat screen TV and a lovely full length window seat with a special pillow so you can lay down in the seat and be sort of sitting up and can enjoy the ambience of it all.
Nice restaurants and shops nearby.
This is a value motel/hotel, so for the price you are getting good stuff. It is a comfortable room for an overnight or two stay. Breakfast was just so so, but it is enough to get you out the door to start your day.

Room Tip: Don't get the small single queen room if you are claustrophobic.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The Microtel was our launch point for a drive up to Crater Lake on our way up to Seattle. The hotel is nice, clean, relatively new, and had good service. My son enjoyed the pool (half indoors/half outdoors), and we took advantage of the black light bowling at the Epicenter bowling alley across the parking lot. Klamath Falls was a small, quiet town, and we were able to find a good meal nearby. I would recommend this place for families. It is convenient and low-key.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Checked-in very early (even before official check-in time) without any problems, very friendly clerk. The room was a bit different from the usual boring hotel chain rooms, it was in blue and white with mirrors, it seemed a nice change. The room was large, rather new and very clean. I went swimming and sunbathing to the outdoor pool for quite some time. The pool area is nice, just wish they had left a bit more space around the pool for sun beds. It's a bit crammed. Breakfast started very early in the morning (I think 5am or even earlier), which was very nice as I am an early riser and often have to wait before they open the breakfast area. The breakfast was OK and nice. Check-out fast and friendly again, I asked for a receipt, but was told they do not provide printed receipts for internet reservation, but instead the receipt would be emailed to me. Well, it never reached me by email. I found this a strange policy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Norristown, PA
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed at the Microtel after seeing Crater Lake and the area. It is a nice hotel, clean and good accommodations. The only negative comment is that we weren't too impressed with the wall of mirrors above the beds. Great place and a great value!