“The room was very clean. Looked like it was never used...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Klamath Falls
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My room was ok, it was clean and kind of sterile. I do not like overhead lighting to be the only option. I was here for 4 nights, during that time the hotel changed the TV over from cable to satellite, however they didn't let guests know ahead of time. I woke up at 3 AM (as usual), turned on the TV and had no signal. When I got back to my room after work I still had no TV. I do understand their problem, they should have had more people installing boxes - the TV did not come back until after 8 PM. I asked the front desk what was going on and was offered a bowling pass! Not the same thing. Maybe I am spoiled, but pre-formed microwave egg patties, tasteless, grey sausage links and biscuits and gravy every morning is not a good "Hot" breakfast. I am gluten intolerant and have no clue what was in the eggs or sausage, so I had an orange and coffee for breakfast. My only other option was unpeeled boiled eggs.

Room Tip: The Best Western is the same rate and if you like comfortable and homey, it is a better option
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Klamath Falls
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The good: Manager extremely helpful finding a room rate and set up that suited our largish family. The property was newer and clean. Breakfast was better than one might expect for the rates. The pool was indoor and outdoor with more than enough heat to make it tolerable for adults in the early spring.

The not so good: the desk girl was not particularly helpful and had a sign up for more than a half hour. So we could not ask for pool towels (not available in the pool). The hotel had two very strong odors. One was very heavy marijuana, I swear I got a contact high getting off of the elevator). It could be smelled in the lobby though. My wife needed to ask the desk to do something about it. (Obviously, the hotel was not responsible for use.) The other smell was something related to the cleaning supplies. The hotel reeked of it the towels the sheets, etc. Not pleasant at all.

There were positives and negatives.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Klamath Falls
Reviewed 6 April 2014

service was great. my wife came with me on the business trip and loved the room. would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Vacaville, California
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Travelling from Portland back to California and wanted to stop in between. Started looking online and saw a great rate AND breakfast, not just continental. We thought we'd try it. We had recently stayed at 5 different hotel/motels this trip, and this was one of the best.

Although late arrival, the night personnel was helpful and alert, upgrading us to a suite and telling us the menu for the morning. There were also cookies available for guests as a night snack - how cool?!

The room was different from anything that I've stayed in before, but it was clean, bright and other then the bed being a bit small for us (they only have queens, no kings, and we're of the larger frame..) the amenities of the microwave and fridge in room made up for it.

They have a good continental breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, bagels & cream cheese, toast, fruit, mini muffins, yogurt, coffee, tea and assorted juices) with the addition of "eggs", biscuits and gravy, and hard-boiled eggs. Nice breakfast area off the main lobby.

I have stayed in 1-5 star accommodations. It's not the Ritz, but it's perfectly clean, friendly, and well-priced. I would stay with my children as well, and will include Microtel in the group that I frequent when travelling from now on.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple