“Very poor Hotel needs a complete revamp”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stayed in a number of Comfort Inns on this trip and this was well down the list in presentation and cleanliness. The Hotel is well over due for a makeover with nearly all of the funishings requiring replacement. The carpets and the bedding were old and not clean. The breakfast was okay and we were glad to check out after it. This Hotel does not give Comfort Inns a good name by keeping up with the standard of others Hotels in this chain. Very disappointing and not recommended. Find somewhere else to stay if you must stay in this area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJCSydney

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This Comfort Inn is a very average property. It obviously sees a lot of use, because although the room decor was contemporary and didn't look that old, it was already pretty beaten up. The bedspread in my room was visibly worn and in need of replacement and several of the lamps didn't work. The carpet in the hallway (despite the loud pattern designed to camouflage stains) was in desperate need of cleaning. Strongly suggest avoiding any room under the stairs - my first-floor room was apparently underneath the stairs, which were used bright and early (and often). Also, check the clock in your room before going to bed - mine was unfortunately set to have the alarm go off at 4 a.m., which I didn't discover until being rudely awakened by it the next morning - yikes!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on first floor under the stairs
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Snert3
Reviewed 22 July 2011

First the front desk lady Shirley was the rudest worst employee I have ever encountered. She lied to me and kicked me and my three kids out a day earlier than our reservation date, because of an incident with their laundry facility that ruined over a thousand dollars in clothes.
They were responsible for our loss because of the negligence of their staff to take care of a lent screen in the dryer that was snagging cloths that had been reported earlier to them.( Pictures enclosed)
Shirley ask us to submit an itemization of our losses so she could present it to the owner Raj Patel, who did nothing but shirk his responsibility for his staffs negligence to fix the problem, or post a notice so our clothes weren't ruined.
The owner would never return phone calls to me or my wife to take responsibility for this negligence.
Our TV didn't work properly and the staff and the owner were unable to fix the problem or follow up as they committed to fix it.
My daughter ended up with multiple bug bites all over her body as did I, so they have a bad insect problem also.( pictures enclosed)
They were painting in the hallways and it stunk like paint. If it didn't stink like paint it stunk like cigarette smoke everywhere from people smoking in their rooms.
The breakfast buffet and the employee running it were totally disappointing also, no food ,old food,rude, incompetent.
I would never recommend anyone stay in any Comfort Inn hotel as the Corporate office employees never followed through when we contacted them either.
This was the worst experience we have ever had and will never stay at another hotel owned by a person with the last name Patel. The Patels have no integrity and shouldn't, even be in business.
We were part of a group of over 20 people who can all vouch for these claims I have made, and will when I go to court to recover my losses.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank mnm126
Reviewed 24 April 2010

my wife and i stayed here for a bowling tournament and the second night the staff was rude... I do not recomend this hotel.. Plus there was ants in our bathroom told the staff and they really didnt care.... HORRIBLE HOTEL

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank vaughnharris
Reviewed 28 December 2009

That a hotel is clean is the most important thing to me & I must say this hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. My husband & I stayed here with out two young children and were very comfortable. The rooms were decent size and the in room refrigerator & microwave were helpful. There was a great looking indoor pool that we unfortunately did not get to try out. The breakfast that was served was enough for us, nothing extravagant but enough. We would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My wife and I stayed here with our six children. We stopped here after a 16 hour drive from San Diego.

The staff was very accommodating with providing adjoining rooms. The beds were excellent and very cozy (especially needed after the 16 hour drive!). The place was very clean and taken care of. The corridors we wide and well-lighted. The area around the hotel was safe and they provided parking for our trailer. The breakfast area was large with hot waffles in addition to the continental breakfast items. The enclosed pool and gym looked great, but we did not get a chance to try them out.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Stayed for 2 nights on a trip to visit OIT college with teen son. Upon arrival and into next day we had vent system in room unable to turn off or change temp-glad it was not summertime! No maintenance on site on Friday aft or evening-informed them of problem and when we returned Saturday afternoon everything running great! Nice breakfast and pool/hot tub. We got a good rate when informed of college visit also. Except for described problem, overall was nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family