“Adequate, some missing amenties. Don't Eat at Mollies Next Door!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Klamath Falls

Super 8 Klamath Falls
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Klamath Falls
Forks
“Adequate, some missing amenties. Don't Eat at Mollies Next Door!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

Broke down at Crater Lake and had to be towed to Klamath Falls. I used my Verizon wireless laptop to find this hotel which advertised a microwave and fridge in each room but there was no microwave or fridge, and the table that should have been in it was gone and there was just two chairs sitting where the table was located (judging by the table marks in the carpet). Other than that, the room was clean and quiet and the wireless Internet worked fine. I would not recommend, however, eating at Mollies Diner next door, which was filthy, run down, and the help looked like they all recently had been paroled (the food was pure grease and they piled on a ton of french fries to make your order look large). All in all, the hotel itself was adequate for my needs while the truck was repaired, but I wouldn't recommend it as a vacation destination.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank forksbear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I am here in K Falls on business and had some basic needs: close to my meeting location (near the hospital), in-room coffee, hot tub and free breakfast. This little Super 8 scores on all points. Friendly gal at the front desk let me check out the facilities before checking in; room clean as a whistle, hot tob clean and 100 degrees+, and a little coffee maker in the room. In addition, I enjoyed a 15% discount at the local Applebees for my dinner. And VERY reasonable ($55 for business rate). The room is small, one queen bed, comfortable, clean and quiet, nice TV with cable and remote, free Wi-Fi (a snap to connect) . Absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Trivian
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

I have been staying at this motel for several years now and when I came across these Hhorroralbe reviews I had to put in my two cents. When ever I walk into the lobby it is always spotlessly clean, I am always greeted with a warm smile. The staff is always fast and courtious,always seeing to my needs. The rooms are older but kept up very well. Thay offer a 15% discount with your room key at Applebees, which is just up the hill,very convenient. I have to say that the ladys that work at this motel go above and beond the call of duty for all thay're guests to make their stay as plesent as posible!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank traveler100010
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2008

We broke down in Dorris CA just 20 miles away from Klamath Falls OR. Decided to try Super 8 Since it was right on the HWY and we could easily get back on the road after the car was fixed. Receptionist on the phone was soo nice it helped make my decision to stay there. We were not expecting to stay in Klamath Falls of course and were just looking for somewhere to sleep in the mean time. As soon as I walked in the room I knew I didnt want to stay there. Returned to the front desk to see about checking out. They advised NO!! but then decided that we could at no charge as long as we didnt use the restroom.
Ok, great. We've been on the road for 3-4 hrs plus had to wait for a tow truck. I ran back to the room and of course the restroom was occupied. We could not check out without being penalized for the FULL room rate for checking out. Even though we didnt even use the room other than the bathroom. That would only have taken 5 min to clean.

Staying there sufficed for the evening. I would NOT stay there again nor would I recommend it unless there is no availability at another location....Very Disappointed!! Wished I would have payed the extra $20 to stay some place else.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Klamath Falls hotels

USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2007

Pros:

1) Good location, right off the highway on the way from Weed, CA to Crater Lake

2) The included wireless internet access worked fine.

3) The included breakfast of danish and juice was fine.

Cons:

1) The internet description stated that there are microwaves and refridgerator. There was a refridgerator, but no microwave. When I called the front desk, they said the customer has to specifically ask for one in the reservation even though the internet description states that the rooms have microwaves. Then they said I can always come to the front lobby and use the microwave there. Well, that's not what I wan't to do at late night and is not what I paid for. There was no apology.

2) The heater unit gave a very musty smell when turned on. I had to keep it off all night.

3) I made the reservation with my TripRewards number on the internet. Upon arriving, the number was not in the computer and I gave it again at the front desk.. Upon checking out the number was still not in the computer and gave it a 3rd time. Finally the receipt showed the number okay. No apology.

4) The TV did not have any on-screen display. It was impossible to tell which channel number you were on other than to look at the station's icon on the lower right when it appears. Also, the volume did not go below a certain level, so could not watch at night with others asleep.

Summary:

I've stayed in other Super 8's with no issues. Other than for convenience of location if you are headed to Crater Lake. I would not recommend staying in this Super 8 and would look for alternatives with a comparable rate inside town.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TravellerBuddy789
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2006

Was a shady place. Hotel looked very old. No iron box, microwave or refrigirator in the room. Only good thing is that its right on 97 highway.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2003

This was the worst place I have ever stayed. It was dirty. We reserved the room with a credit card and were given keys to the non-smoking room only to come in later in the evening and they gave our non-smoking room away and we had to stay in a smoking room which was dirty. The desk clerks were extremly rude and did not even applogize for the problem.
And their way of fixing the problem after the fact was we could come stay there again for a 50% discount. Well I would never even think of staying there again. This place Stinks.

26 Thank A TripAdvisor Member