“Large portions”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #9 of 158 Restaurants in Klamath Falls
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southern Oregon
“Large portions”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

large portions for the money. Too much food for me, but my husband is always happy to clean up :-)

Santa Fe
“A Fun Restaurant”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

What a pleasure it was to go to a Restaurant with a theme. From the moment I walked in I had a smile on my face. It originated out of Mount Shasta years ago (1949 - I think) and kept the style. I read the story and they have several Diners in the North West. Our waitress, Michelle (?), was very friendly and made our visit a very pleasant time. The food was insane! One plate was two meals. They use only local foods and the flavors were right on. All in all, a great place for a family meal out. I wish I would have taken pictures for you to see what I saw in the decor.

• Visited January 2012
Denver, Colorado
“A place modeled after country diners, but is still a chain.”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Overall: Skip it. There have to be better diners in K Falls. There has to be.

I went here on a recommendation from someone that stated, "the portions are large, so you don't leave hungary." He was right, but quantity does not make up for no quality. None. The burger I had was typical frozen patty stuff that tastes like the multiple freezers its been in.

Visited January 2012
Eastern Oregon
“Going downhill”
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We have eaten at this Black Bear for over 10 years...and see it sliding. The food is typical diner food, the place needs a good cleaning. Still a lot of food for the money, but not up to the Black Bear standards.

• Visited September 2011
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Better than most- but could be improved”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were excited to try this restaurant for the first time. We had heard it was stupendous. Unfortunately the experience was just average. That is all I can remember- average service- average food- a very loud lady sitting behind us in another booth-- bland. Perhaps they have lost their edge?

• Visited August 2011