“Inexpensive, clean and spacious room. Very friendly and helpful staff or owners.”

Quail Run Motor Inn
Quail Run Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to find such a decent and clean room for a low rate. This was in the back section. The first room I was shown was small and for even less money, but trust me and take one of the back rooms. The room included a little table by the window, a small 'fridge, microwave oven and a small range. There was even space for guests to visit and a sofa.

The owners were nice and even was not offended to let me look at the room first. They were very friendly and helpful and tried to help look up a particular location that I had for an appointment.

Don't let the outside appearnace fool you. It appeared that they had been prepped for painting of the exterior, but inside they were really pleasant and at a bargain price.

Room Tip: I recommend the back rooms.Much larger and nicer !
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 August 2010

This was our second time driving through Oregon and staying at Quail Run Inn. My son said specifically that he wanted to go back to 'the quail place' because he liked it so much last time. The lodging has a cabin-like feel (not with deer heads on the wall but with solid simple furniture, basic heating, and basic shower) but was very cozy and as clean as could be (remember though that clean and new are not the same things). The management is wonderful -- both the husband and wife. The wife held our room even though we were two hours past when the room-hold cut-off was (arriving to town late); and the husband even stopped and chatted with us when we saw him while walking in La Grande that evening. Oh, there is a train that goes by but for us that added to the fun.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank annearendt
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Would have been more appropriate in the 1950s. Wifi does not allow connection to SMTP servers, so you can't send email (though you can receive) unless you use web mail.

Biggest problem - next to a [busy] railroad crossing, so the train horns keep you awake all night long - take earplugs! (To be fair, that will affect several hotels in the area.)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank eqcons
Reviewed 26 August 2009

I am a regular guest at Quail Run, and have been very happy with the service and the rooms are always clean. A nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Tr0w
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I felt very comfortable during my stay. Room was nice and clean, also the price was very reasonable. There was free WiFi as well.
I would go back to Quail Run again when I’m in La Grande.
Side note: There were no bed bugs

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose7118
Reviewed 16 August 2009

It was a nice mom and pop hotel owned by a culturally diverse couple. I saw their sign while driving down the interstate. The price of the room was reasonable. Service was good and the WiFi was working fine. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. I had no problem falling asleep. If I visit the town again I wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt016
Reviewed 26 July 2009

They had all the mattress and box springs out side fumeagating them???? Scabbies,bedbugs??? We didn't stay but they still charged us!!!!!!!! The pictures on the internet must be twenty years old when some nice elderly couple owened it!! Don't go!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family