“Resonable and Honest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Quail Run Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
“Resonable and Honest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I found this on a site when I was looking for a place, but I did not book it I just showed up and got a very reasonable rate! I left and left an article (a quilt)! I did not notice this right away but two weeks later I called and they said yes we have it! I told them I will be back through and pick it up! so when I booked for my return trip I told them I noticed that they did not have parking for a U-Haul pulling a trailer, they told me to park in the lot next to the Motor Inn, I asked for a room where I could see the U-Haul and they did even though it was a double bed they gave it to me at the single bed rate! I have stayed in Travel lodge and road way inn several times in my pass though eastern Oregon, and the rooms I have were very comparable to the others where I paid more! yeas coffee and donuts for breakfast too! My next trip through I will stay there again!

Room Tip: well It is a small place, and the train goes right by several times , but over all I slept very good...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have to admit, I was suspicious when we first pulled into the parking lot (my girlfriend had made a reservation for one night over Memorial weekend, so it was the only place available)...but the nice man (owner?) at the front desk let us look at our room before committing and it was acceptable, so we stayed. It was clean enough, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable - pretty sure it was a new mattress. We had a blast discovering all the little random decorations that appeared throughout the room. For example, there was a single decorative tile placed on inside of the bathroom door, a simple picture of an eagle in flight...but it was placed about 2 feet off the ground, on the edge of the door by the hinges (huh???).

One warning - in case you didn't notice on the map, this motel is located RIGHT across the street from the railroad tracks, and added bonus: it is apparently a crossing, where every train that passes must blast its horn, day or night. Light sleepers *will* be woken up. My gf & I had earplugs, and neither of us were woken, but I did hear a train horn when I got up to go to the bathroom around 3am.

If you can handle the train, this is a decent place to stay - nothing fancy, but nice people, clean rooms, and good prices.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ducksteve
Boone, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The place is very dated. The chair I'm sitting on as I type this is broken. The bathroom has no towel racks, the shower has no real place to put soap or shampoo. I thought is a bit high priced for the value, but so far on this trip it had the very best beds. The room is clean, but hard to tell because the furnishings, walls, etc. are so old. Would I stay here again? I think I may check out the other places first. On check in the manager made me present the exact credit card I had booked the room on and I had to come in and show him my ID, I've never had this happen as I usually book the room and my husband checks us in. I felt that was a bit rude.

Room Tip: They all look the same to me.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hillsboro, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I think the sheets and towels were clean. The manager was really a nice fellow and allowed us to have another room because the air conditioner failed to operate properly. There was a great risk taking a shower when other units were also using anything that involved water. One could get scalded several times within 7 to 10 minutes by the fluctuations in the water temperature. I was pinned against the back wall for several minutes waiting for the cold water to dilute the hot water. Now you might think it would be easy enough to simply turn the valve to a cooler setting, but you would be wrong. The valves are separate-hot and cold-and one must turn for ever to get a change. The going ratio is the hot water all the way on and the cold about 1/4 turn. The soap chips, not bars, reminded me of an over sized wheat thin.

The adage that you get what you pay for was very true in this case. The cost was under $50.00
The room was used as a place to sleep the night before a backpacking trip in the Wallowa Mountains. If you stay here bring your own soap and shower very early. Also use ear plugs as the trains pass by a block away during the night and blow their horns at a nearby RXR crossing. Remember the manager was great and had a good sense of humor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these La Grande hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Very hospitable owners are in the process of updating this charming older motel, hope they keep the charm! ... brand new mattresses, great value, and 10% off at local restaurant with mention of Quail Run.

Room Tip: The railroad track is right across the road so it may be quieter in the back.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
South Weber, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Cheap older motel that had no renovations or improvements done since it was built. It looked like they were renovating one of the rooms, I hope they do that to all of them.

Room was "clean" but had tired corners that could have used a scrub, old doesn't have to mean poorly maintained. The room was basic, beds were okay with lousy pillows. The bbq area was very unimpressive but it did give us a place to sit outside under a beautiful tree. Office is not always staffed. No ice machine but they provide quart bags of ice cubes. We were at the back of the motel so it wasn't a problem but there are active train tracks across the street. I would find another place for my next stay in La Grande.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

Was looking for a hotel because my friend from Africa had to go take the toefl in Lagrande. We booked a room with one bed, good price($45) and when we arrived there, the manager( i guess) proposed to give us a room with 2 bedroom for an additional $10. The room was big, very comfortable...looked like a 2 bedroom apt for I had my room and he had his...fridge, microwave,tv, internet..very comfortable, clean, many towels, nice parking just in front of our room... Above all, the guy was really nice to us, very welcoming although he looked a bit scared at first (2 black guys arriving in a small town at midnight, I guess). I don't pray that that much but this was a first time I left a hotel and prayed that God will bless his business..

Room Tip: 2 beds( 2 rooms) room 116