“Hairy - but other than that OK.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 LaGrande

Super 8 LaGrande
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Woodinville, Washington
“Hairy - but other than that OK.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hey, this isn't a 5-star hotel so I expect it to be a little rough around the edges. I do expect it to be clean... which it was for the most part. Kudos to the staff who accommodated a large and complex reservation (I coordinated 7 rooms for a group coming in on motorcycles). Everything was smooth on arrival, checkin and checkout.

I didn't partake in the "breakfast" but from what I could see it was super basic. Good news, there are plenty of fast food options nearby. McD's, Subway, DQ to name a few.

My room was clean, except for the towel I used and found someone else's hair entangled within. I think it had been washed but for whatever reason the hair was embedded in the little fibers of the towel. The toilet seemed to only actually flush all the way with every-other flush (even when it was just water in there).

The pool/hot tub area was overall a nice treat. The pool was nice - not too warm and not too cold - and best off didn't have that humidity/chlorine combo that you find in a lot of indoor pools. The hot tub was just ok - the jets really left a lot to be desired. I also seemed to have attracted a clump of hair in the swimming pool. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I have short hair and get kind of grossed out when I find long hair that isn't mine clinging to my body. Either way that was a downer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
FrontDeskAssociate, General Manager at Super 8 LaGrande, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Good Afternoon and thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your experience with future travelers. I was pleased that you were overall happy with your stay. I am sorry that your towel was not checked properly after being laundered. The indoor pool and hot tub have been heavily used lately and sometimes do collect items that do not get filtered through the filter system. Unfortunately, we don't have a person on staff in the evening to maintain the pool so upon occasion some debri is in the pool in the evening. I apologize for this if you we inconvenienced in any way. I hope you enjoyed your motorcycle ride through Hells Canyon. We hope to have you as our guest next summer if you make the ride again. We are currently renovating our entire hotel so you will notice many changes if you stay with us in the future..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had two pair of elite nike socks disappear from our room. Asked front staff for assistance with a tv channel guide but he was too busy smoking outside. Then we had loud construction starting in the morning. We stay here one time per week annually, but never again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Benjamin F
FrontDeskAssociate, General Manager at Super 8 LaGrande, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Hotel Guest - Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were unable to locate some socks that you had in your guest room. To date, we have been unable to locate your missing socks. I would like to apologize for the desk associates being unable to get you an up to date channel listing. Unfortunately, our cable provider changed their channel line up and have not updated the listing online. The desk staff discovered the problem when they went online in an attempt to retrieve an updated channel listing. They have not sent us updated guides either. We are sorry if you were inconvenienced by this.
Lagrande
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

When checking out, we politely let the clerk know that when we arrived, one room had an orange peel under a chair, & the other room had an empty vodka bottle on the floor. Her only response was to tell me to have a nice day. Other than that, the stay was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

FrontDeskAssociate, General Manager at Super 8 LaGrande, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you travel experience with future guests. We appreciate you letting us know that our housekeepers missed a couple of items when cleaning. We are sorry that your room was not cleaned properly. We hope you took advantage of the swimming pool and hot tub that we have at our property. Have a Super Day!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This property is undergoing renovation, but, aside from the older fixtures and furnishings being a little dated and worn, it is a nice hotel. The work being done is very nice, and will be a positive upgrade.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

FrontDeskAssociate, General Manager at Super 8 LaGrande, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share the experience that you had at our hotel. We are making many changes to our guest rooms and I was happy that you noticed them. We have ongoing upgrades that will be complete sometime this summer. Have a Super Day!