“really excellent. Surprising for a small town on interstate”
Review of Mamacita's

Mamacita's
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in La Grande
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Description: (541) 963-6223. This restaurant is on Yelp and Urbanspoon and should be on Tripadvisor! I'll love to post a review on it.
La Quinta, California
“really excellent. Surprising for a small town on interstate”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This restaurant is just off the main street. I was told about by the owners of the hotel I stayed at in town. The cafe was excellent. Good food, service and they had Pinot noir by the glass and it wasn't bad! Prices very fair. I ate a garden burger and salad and it was very good. fresh salad fixings. Clearly a favorite of locals and I see why. I would stop and eat here again. Not far off interstate.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank vgreene

Seattle, Washington
“Great variety of menu items, good service, great food”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I travel 250 days a year and eat just about every meal in restaurants so I've become a pretty good judge of what's good and what isn't. Passing through the area, we decided to check out Mamacita's based on the other TripAdvisor reviews. It didn't disappoint.

We were there only for lunch, but we were impressed by the great selection of menu items, excellent service, and the food. The atmosphere is charming and very casual. If you're looking for fancy fine-dining, Mamacita's is not for you. The service was efficient and we received our meals within 10 minutes or so, which is excellent.

I'd recommend the pepper bacon Wagyu beef burger. It was one of the better burgers I've ever had. Wagyu beef is grass-fed and comes from Sutton Creek - a ranch just down the road - and the beef is extra lean and very tasty. The cost: $12.95 including a salad or fries.

Overall, a nice treat and worth stopping in downtown La Grande for!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank RogerBrooks
Kennewick, Washington
“Really pleasant, laid back and good food.”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This place had a nice variety of fare to choose from. It was very comfortable and pleasant with a lovely staff. The food was quite nice and varied. The wine selection wasn't over the top, but there were some good beers to choose from. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank OutdoorBoomer
cherry city, oregon
“International menu - very good food.”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We went to La Grande on a business trip. Mamacita's was recommended by the local Chamber so we tried it for dinner. It was the hot spot in town.

They have an upstairs (street level) with natural light and vibrant colors. They have a quieter downstairs and a small patio outside.

They have an international menu that offers salads, wraps, burgers, etc. My colleague ordered the taco salad with chicken - it looked nice and fresh. I ordered the hawaiian style wrap with tofu. Tofu in La Grande - who knew?! It was really tasty but still light and healthy which was good because it came with perfectly golden (unhealthy) french fries.

We actually came back the next day for lunch. We both ordered garden burgers - they were really good.

I saw a lot of folks ordering their wagyu beef burgers. And desserts which looked amazing.

If you are in La Grande for lunch or dinner - Mamacita's is a must.

...and if you are there on a Tuesday, there is an afternoon farmer's market right off their patio area. I highly recommend the Sally B Farms goat soap, and the stand selling hand dipped chocolate covered cherries for 25 cents a piece!

• Visited July 2011